Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2019, 18:20   #1
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Today was one of those days!

Just a little moan really, me, my wife, daughter and future son in-law went out in the 75 today, had a lovely day as the sun was shining and quite warm, parked in an underground car park in Folkstone and wandered around the town for a couple of hours.
Got back to the car and ... small dent in the front bumper along with some paint scuffs! and a small dent and paint chip in the rear wheel arch not a happy chappie, obviously done by yet another D**K head that either can't park a car or just doesn't give a damn.
I made sure I had left more than enough room for another car to park and get their doors open without any grief and still they damage my car, god knows how they managed to damage the front bumper as well as the rear arch lip (or maybe it was two separate incidents).
Nothing angers me more than these total t**ts that bash other peoples cars and don't give a damn.
What I would have given to have caught them doing it!
Painting the front bumper was on my list of things to do because tbh there are quite a few tiny stone chips but I didn't appreciate my hand being forced.
And to top it all off ... on the way home the brake light bulb warning light came on! at least that's an easy fix.
Rant over.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 18:24   #2
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

It's sad that you really need dash cams now days, I remember finishing work and someone had left a 3ft streak of red paint on my silver car, thankfully it was a heap of sh*t and I laughed it off but a total lack of consideration.
Old 24th February 2019, 18:31   #3
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

thats what to day is nobody has the decency to tell u or leave a note on your windscreen etc like they used to do in the old days . im lucky as its not happened to me yet , but theres always time ! these are the things they dont learn you at driving school hope you get it sorted rgds mark

Last edited by markypicks; 24th February 2019 at 18:33..
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 18:55   #4
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

It's not surprising people don't leave notes, last year my partner accidentally opened up the door on another car, it was the most minor damage, honestly it was hard to tell it would have probably buffed out and unless I told them they probably wouldn't have noticed, anyway I left a note because it was the decent thing to do. Sure enough I get a call and they want to go through insurance, to fix this blemish the claim cost was £728!!! My insurance doubled come renewal so essentially it cost me £400 for one year and I'm sure it'll be higher than it otherwise would for the next few years.

I'm not going to lie it would cause me a bit of doubt were it to happen again. I tried to suggest avoiding insurance as their insurance would rise too, worst of all it was a tired looking Corolla Verso that didn't look in great condition in the first place, I was hoping they'd just ignore it.
Old 24th February 2019, 19:11   #5
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
It's not surprising people don't leave notes, last year my partner accidentally opened up the door on another car, it was the most minor damage, honestly it was hard to tell it would have probably buffed out and unless I told them they probably wouldn't have noticed, anyway I left a note because it was the decent thing to do. Sure enough I get a call and they want to go through insurance, to fix this blemish the claim cost was £728!!! My insurance doubled come renewal so essentially it cost me £400 for one year and I'm sure it'll be higher than it otherwise would for the next few years.

I'm not going to lie it would cause me a bit of doubt were it to happen again. I tried to suggest avoiding insurance as their insurance would rise too, worst of all it was a tired looking Corolla Verso that didn't look in great condition in the first place, I was hoping they'd just ignore it.
I understand the dilemma but for some strange reason I think I would be less pi**ed off if they knew they had done it and just drove off thereby(avoiding costly insurance claims / premiums etc rather than done it and didn't have a clue because they're S**T drivers.
I that makes any sense.
I shouldn't be ranting on about it really as it's so minor and tbh quite an easy problem to sort, it's just the shear lack of respect for other peoples property that really bugs me.
Old 24th February 2019, 20:14   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

people don't care, don't want to pay, its only a dent.
I can understand the frustration, I was in my wifes car when it was reversed into and the driver drove off.... he did not get far before his path was blocked

If possible I only park in end spaces or parallel park, my third option and I know may annoy some but that is to park in two spaces.

Even family lie, my brother in law hit my sons car and denies doing it. He reversed into our garden wall and claims it was not his fault, we have cctv and it shows him hitting even taking aim at my sons car and reversing into our garden wall. He refused to pay for the wall and refused to give his insurance details but we traced them. Sent them the CCTV of the wall being hit and they paid. He claimed they had been mis-led.

So if family lie you can see why strangers lie

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 20:23   #7
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

I came off shift at the hospital last year to find a lot of blue paint on the OSR bumper corner.

The car park has CCTV so asked estates to review the footage and they found the incident.

A blue meriva reverses out a space next to me, turns to early scraping my bumper corner down her passenger side.

She stops, gets out, looks at the side of her car, walks back and looks at the damage to mine, looks around (presumably for any witnesses), gets back in her car and scarpers !!!!!!!

Unfortunately our crappy cctv couldn't read the VRM but we could tell it was a nurse in uniform and a blue Vauxhall Meriva.

I looked for weeks for such a car with damage but no luck so think it was an agency nurse who never came back after.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 21:46   #8
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

It is a sad fact of life that some people just do not care about anything other than themselves or place any value on anything that doesn't interest or concern them.
As said earlier, the damage is very superficial and can be easily sorted but I know at some point after it's all been repaired it will happen again no matter how careful I am how or where I park.
Ahhhh, the joys of car ownership eh!