Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2019, 16:30   #1
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Modern take on a classic shape!

On my way to work this morning, slowing down to turn into my work premises and .... there it was ... an 03 75 cdt parked up wearing Hairpin 18's, slightly lowered on coilovers and a ZT rear boomerang spoiler, nothing special about that you may say but .... here's the big one ... it was painted in 'satin black' all of the chrome was brushed so looked like semi polished alloy!
After about ten minutes staring at it and taking it all in the owner turned up and said 'hi' I said 'hi' back and we got on to the subject of the paint and 75 ownership in general.
I thought at first he had painted it due to it needing doing but he said it was a conscious decision as he wanted something really different and different it was!
He had all the chrome parts brushed and sealed by a company in Dover and the paint was tackled by a body shop in Folkestone and if I'm being honest ... it really suited the car and the quality of the paint was absolutely top drawer, it had something really 'sinister' about it with it's jet black semi sheen, apparently it's the type of satin black that you don't have to treat in any way to keep it looking good, just wash 'n' dry with a natural leather.
He told me he had considered satin silver or a satin red but thought the red looked like it needed mopping and the silver looked like 'posh primer'.
Maybe not to many peoples taste but Tbh ... I really liked it and it certainly did look different, wish I had taken pics to post up.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 16:50   #2
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
On my way to work this morning, slowing down to turn into my work premises and .... there it was ... an 03 75 cdt parked up wearing Hairpin 18's, slightly lowered on coilovers and a ZT rear boomerang spoiler, nothing special about that you may say but .... here's the big one ... it was painted in 'satin black' all of the chrome was brushed so looked like semi polished alloy!
After about ten minutes staring at it and taking it all in the owner turned up and said 'hi' I said 'hi' back and we got on to the subject of the paint and 75 ownership in general.
I thought at first he had painted it due to it needing doing but he said it was a conscious decision as he wanted something really different and different it was!
He had all the chrome parts brushed and sealed by a company in Dover and the paint was tackled by a body shop in Folkestone and if I'm being honest ... it really suited the car and the quality of the paint was absolutely top drawer, it had something really 'sinister' about it with it's jet black semi sheen, apparently it's the type of satin black that you don't have to treat in any way to keep it looking good, just wash 'n' dry with a natural leather.
He told me he had considered satin silver or a satin red but thought the red looked like it needed mopping and the silver looked like 'posh primer'.
Maybe not to many peoples taste but Tbh ... I really liked it and it certainly did look different, wish I had taken pics to post up.
Mmmmmm, SINISTER. I like sinister...

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 18:04   #3
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Sounds more 'Mad Malcolm' than 'Mad Max'. You can even get special wax for those matt finishes so popular on some very high-end motors seen cruising around the posher parts of London.

vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 18:42   #4
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Sounds more 'Mad Malcolm' than 'Mad Max'. You can even get special wax for those matt finishes so popular on some very high-end motors seen cruising around the posher parts of London.

If it had been painted in 'matt' paint it probably would have looked pants but the sheen on the satin looked pretty cool tbh.
I think the overall shape of the 75 wore it very well.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 05:36   #5
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I considered having mine wrapped in satin black or gun metal grey not long after I got it. But after looking into wrapping, it was just not durable enough in my opinion.

Painting is much better, and it probably won't ever be collectable classic in my lifetime I may go ahead with it at some point.

Of course, these cars are classics to us already you understand

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote