Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th July 2019, 06:58   #147701
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning everyone, A high of 18C, wall to wall grey skies & chucking it down. Proper Lancashire Summer weather I'll take this over the last weeks hot weather any time.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2019, 07:02   #147702
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning everyone, A high of 18C, wall to wall grey skies & chucking it down. Proper Lancashire Summer weather I'll take this over the last weeks hot weather any time.
We will soon be missing El' Scorchio
Old 27th July 2019, 07:25   #147703
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
We will soon be missing El' Scorchio

I'll gladly wave it goodbye after last weeks stifling heat. I might even celebrate with a cooked breakfast today

Old 27th July 2019, 07:55   #147704
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all Those of us living near the coast with the sea gulls, does anyone else gets problems from them? Most mornings when I go out to the V6, it’s been bombed with bird feathers and nasty poop, although it is nice to hear them.

One of our nephews popped into see us for supper. He is a canny lad and has been scrimping and saving since the age of 8. He had some good news, he’d saved £50,000 to put down as a deposit for his first house. He is applying for a mortgage to buy a house in Filton. I suggested he keeps 10K back for unexpected bills.

The second bit of good news is that he has been promoted by Dyson to lead a team of accountants for special projects.

The 3rd bit of good news, is he will happily take one of my tool kits off my hands. Jessica has been complaining about my tools .....hooray!!

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 27th July 2019 at 07:58..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2019, 08:15   #147705
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all Those of us living near the coast with the sea gulls, does anyone else gets problems from them? Most mornings when I go out to the V6, it’s been bombed with bird feathers and nasty poop, although it is nice to hear them.

One of our nephews popped into see us for supper. He is a canny lad and has been scrimping and saving since the age of 8. He had some good news, he’d saved £50,000 to put down as a deposit for his first house. He is applying for a mortgage to buy a house in Filton. I suggested he keeps 10K back for unexpected bills.

The second bit of good news is that he has been promoted by Dyson to lead a team of accountants for special projects.

The 3rd bit of good news, is he will happily take one of my tool kits off my hands. Jessica has been complaining about my tools .....hooray!!

Morning Phil, Blimey how times have changed!, I put down a £800 deposit (I got as a redundancy payment) on this house. which was enough in those days.

Your nephew sounds like a smart boy.

Old 27th July 2019, 08:41   #147706
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Jessica has been complaining about my tool .....hooray!!
Surely not
Old 27th July 2019, 08:47   #147707
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Morning Rev, will you be just wearing yer budgie smugglers for the drive down there?
Just picked this up, I most certainly did like to be free and easy down there.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2019, 08:50   #147708
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Hi Richard

What a miserable and frustrating day you and your mum had. What happened with the clinic in outpatients, does not inspire confidence, but when the NHS works, it’s a beautiful machine. You did your best, only to be let down by a disorganised Doctor.

You said recently your GP had referred you for an ultrasound scan, querying IBS or a stomach ulcer and had done a script. I won’t repeat my advice as that would be an insult to you.

In the interim, get yourself a bottle of Gaviscon liquid, all supermarkets sell it without a prescription or there’s Gaviscon lozenges, both work fast in providing rapid relief from acid.

Look after yourself.
Phil, I don’t need it, I’m not getting this stomach problem regular, it only happens once in a while. But now I have a sore throat runny nose and tickle cough, which I’m sure has been brought on by stress.
This morning I have to go out and collect my weekly takings, that I didn’t get a chance to last night, then change the front brake discs and pads on the van,as they are really worn. It’s raining here today and forecast for tomorrow, typical when it’s Sunderland air show this weekend.
Old 27th July 2019, 11:47   #147709
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Morning Phil, Blimey how times have changed!, I put down a £800 deposit (I got as a redundancy payment) on this house. which was enough in those days.

Your nephew sounds like a smart boy.
You did well Ian to buy your house whilst having to cope with redundancy. You have made it comfortable and turned it into a fantastic home, with home made food many delights a conservatory, decking, a place for the cars and a greenhouse. That’s quite a lot to keep up. My in-laws struggled to pay for my nephew to have a good education at Eton, then Durham University. He certainly is a bright lad and has the ability to be multi-thinking, looking at problems and solving them from every angle on different levels. Earlier on this year, he applied for a job in Singapore, but he was told, he was needed for the UK. He is a good lad, he never dabbled with drugs or with crime.

The cost of housing these days is something else. How can youngsters get on the property ladder if they don’t have a job with good prospects and don’t have enough money. I am sorry, I don’t know the answer.
Old 27th July 2019, 11:52   #147710
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Phil, I don’t need it, I’m not getting this stomach problem regular, it only happens once in a while. But now I have a sore throat runny nose and tickle cough, which I’m sure has been brought on by stress.
This morning I have to go out and collect my weekly takings, that I didn’t get a chance to last night, then change the front brake discs and pads on the van,as they are really worn. It’s raining here today and forecast for tomorrow, typical when it’s Sunderland air show this weekend.
Okay Richard, I won’t delay you from your tasks. Take care.