Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2019, 07:46   #147721
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning folks. I've joined Phil in the dodgy eye club! Over the last couple of days my left eye has swollen up, the bag under the eye has turned into a suitcase Not really painful, don't think its a stye, had a stye before and it wasn't like this. If it doesn't calm down I think I'll be seeing the doc tomorrow.

Had a few aircraft from the airshow at East Fortune overflying the house yesterday, couple of note were a Jet Provost and a Catalina flying boat.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2019, 08:46   #147722
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning everyone, I had the best nights sleep last night in over a week now the temps are back to normal.
Still raining out there as it's been through the night.

I hope you're feeling better soon Phil, That shingles isn't half taking it's toll on you.

Sounded like a hellish trip on railways Steve, It must have been a nightmare in that heat.Glad you made it home.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2019, 12:28   #147723
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Sounded like a hellish trip on railways Steve, It must have been a nightmare in that heat.Glad you made it home.
Journey from hell Ian, hanging around Peterborough station you just couldn't get any relief from the heat. There's a Waitrose next to the station, it was lovely and cool in there but couldn't stay for long as the train situation was so fluid you had to keep an eye on it, that and cooling down in there just made the heat all the more unbearable when you came out again. Thank God we didn't have the girls with us.

LNER began advising people to try again the following day, wasn't really an option for us, although we could have stayed with Ging's friend I have meds I need to take in the morning, that and the girls. I don't know how much LNER (and the other companies affected) will have to refund, nothing was running north or south for hours, they'd probably be able to claim that against Network Rail. We can't claim anything as it didn't cost us a bolt to start with!

T4 Location Map
Old 28th July 2019, 13:33   #147724
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, and those on fb. Not been much of a birthday due to this lurgi I picked up. No energy to do anything, but sttill got to go and make mum's tea. If I don't no one else will and she will probably not bother eating anything.
Old 28th July 2019, 13:37   #147725
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon all, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, and those on fb. Not been much of a birthday due to this lurgi I picked up. No energy to do anything, but sttill got to go and make mum's tea. If I don't no one else will and she will probably not bother eating anything.
Just take it steady Richard, make sure both you and Mum get back to full function.
Old 28th July 2019, 15:07   #147726
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I remember Peterborough being the destination station for main line service when heading north out of Norfolk. On arrival at Peterborough the services of two other stations had already been used with another two to follow after Peterborough. That was if all went well but it was not unknown for other stations to come in to the equation if a train developed a fault which resulted in its service terminating at the next station on route. One journey from Peterborough to Newcastle took forever as the train ran slow because of a overheating problem with the engine. It was so late on arrival at Newcastle that all of the connecting services bar one had gone having been held back for as long as could be. The exception was Newcastle to Carlisle and that was touch and go and very nearly had to be let go too. Passengers were hurried onto that train by a number of station staff but I was one of a number of people who looked to be spending the night in the station having missed one of the last connecting services. However it was Christmas and BR decided to provide taxis for all to complete their journeys which provided some welcome relief and saved me a long walk home from my own home station.

The sound attributed to the old jointed rail track was taught to me as "silly-mid-on silly-mid-off silly-mid-on silly-mid-off."
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2019, 15:57   #147727
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Journey from hell Ian, hanging around Peterborough station you just couldn't get any relief from the heat. There's a Waitrose next to the station, it was lovely and cool in there but couldn't stay for long as the train situation was so fluid you had to keep an eye on it, that and cooling down in there just made the heat all the more unbearable when you came out again. Thank God we didn't have the girls with us.

LNER began advising people to try again the following day, wasn't really an option for us, although we could have stayed with Ging's friend I have meds I need to take in the morning, that and the girls. I don't know how much LNER (and the other companies affected) will have to refund, nothing was running north or south for hours, they'd probably be able to claim that against Network Rail. We can't claim anything as it didn't cost us a bolt to start with!

Afternoon all, still raining here, what a race in the rain at the F1 in Germany, It needs to rain a lot more in those races, brilliant racing.

I've just bought the ECML (east coast main line) Peterborough to York route in Train Sim game too.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2019, 17:16   #147728
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
all of the connecting services bar one had gone having been held back for as long as could be.
Unlike the BR days with it all being separate companies they won't hold a train due to the late running of somebody else's service. If you arrive late on say a LNER service its LNER's problem to get get you to where you are going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I've just bought the ECML (east coast main line) Peterborough to York route in Train Sim game too.
Great, to copy my experience turn your central heating up full blast, sit on top of the radiator drinking warm water and stare at an unmoving screenshot of Peterborough station for several hours.

I can see me visiting the vet tomorrow, the swelling around my left eye is acquiring a dull ache and it seems to be affecting my vision a bit.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 28th July 2019 at 17:24..
Old 28th July 2019, 19:33   #147729
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, I’ve been to Hull and back 🤣 we nipped up yesterday to a 50th birthday for a mate, couldn’t stay overnight as we had the dogs to consider, 160 miles up, two pints of shandy and a pint of coke then headed home!

Weather was atrocious on the way back, could have done with a canoe rather than a ztt..

Old 28th July 2019, 20:34   #147730
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

That looks like low cloud cover...