Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st August 2019, 10:40   #147791
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Boiler

Rang Baxi this morning 8am "we are experiencing high call volumes etc." Got transferred to auto call back, said it would be within 2 hours. Nearly 2.5 later I had to ring again. Says alot for the product when the help line is constantly engaged doesn't it?
No engineer available til Weds
So showers only until then.
Since we took out the care plan in Nov, this is the 5th or 6th time I have called about hot water being off. The call taker said can he send me some info on Baxi products, you can imagine my response
Old 1st August 2019, 11:20   #147792
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
If the swelling is getting worse Steve,contact your surgery again and tell them. You may need to go to a local walk in centte if you have one.
I've only been on the antibiotic a couple of days Rich, hardly time for it to do anything. There's no walk in centre around here, only a handful of "emergency" on the day appointments at the surgery or A&E if you've got 4 or 5 hours to spare! The swelling is primarily on the lower eyelid and below it, the swelling isn't noticeable lower on the face but I can feel it "isn't right".

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 14:06   #147793
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, The skies have darkened and here come the showers, I managed to get all the gardening done, pruning the tomato plants in the greenhouse, the French beans are ready for harvesting too.

I've made a Chilli Con Carni for tea tonight but it tastes a bit on the hot side with rice & garlic bread, smells good though I've got a lasagne ping meal out of the freezer just in case

Blimey Steve I hope they can get to the bottom of your eye infection, I once had the pleasure of taking Dad to the walk in centre whilst it was school holidays, you're right about the times, When we got to the reception desk the digital notice board read, waiting time is 4 hours 15 minutes

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 16:19   #147794
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey Steve I hope they can get to the bottom of your eye infection
Initially I poo pooed the insect bite/sting idea but now I'm not so sure. No I didn't feel anything at the time but the angriest bit is very concentrated just over from the inside corner of the lower eyelid. Its at its worst first thing in the morning, my eye is usually glued shut and in the evening when its gets really nippy even with the max paracetamol dose, during the day its "uncomfortable" with occasional pulses of pain.

Oh, I got the "alternative" to the eye drops they couldn't source . . . . its the stuff I was prescribed to start with three days ago

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 16:30   #147795
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Today on the way to Braintree I got to witness some great driving by someone in an Open Reach Van

Sorry about the sound going off half way through.......It seems my radio playing Roy Orbison fell foul of copyright . Deniece Williams on the other hand seems fine
Old 1st August 2019, 19:20   #147796
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Evening Jeff, it looked as though the Open Reach driver was in a hurry, no matter what. You did well to keep your distance
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 19:37   #147797
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning, phoned the surgery again, there's an alternative to the unobtainable eye drops at the chemist, need to collect whatever it is. Still on the max dose of paracetamol and the swelling is creeping down the left side of my face, even my top lip doesn't feel "right"! Hopefully the eye drops or whatever helps, the antibiotic doesn't seem to be doing much yet.
Is it wise Steve staying on the maximum dose of Paracetamol given your liver history? There are other pain killers your GP can discuss with you for prescription that aren’t so harmful to the liver. But what ever they are, most have side effects. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 1st August 2019, 20:04   #147798
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good evening all, I have an appointment to have the bypass and 4 aneurysms scanned and to see the vascular surgeon to discuss the results. The surgeon can’t see me until September 12th. I will have the full body scan on the same day. He is the lead vascular consultant for Bristol, but he is on leave for most of August. The cut off danger point - where it’s not safe to leave it, is 5.5 cm for abdominal aortic aneurysm and 2 cm for the aneurysm in the knee. Last year the AAA was 4.8 and the knee one was 1.8, the other 3 were 1.8 and considered small. I try not to think about it too much, that way I can cope
Old 1st August 2019, 20:06   #147799
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Evening Jeff, it looked as though the Open Reach driver was in a hurry, no matter what. You did well to keep your distance
The driver is an idiot. That was a deliberate move as after that roundabout the A120 is single lane all the way to Braintree from there. About 10 miles or so.
He/She didn't know that the lorry was going to turn left immediately after the roundabout and had no intention of staying behind for the next 10 miles.

Blindly crossing over the cheverons and onto the oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road, those vehicles also having to take avoiding action.

I have reported it and sent the dashcam evidence as well to the Police. Not something I would ever do for a genuine mistake where no one was hurt, that was no mistake though. The driver needs at the least someone to have a word in their ear about the manner of their driving
Old 1st August 2019, 20:11   #147800
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good evening all, I have an appointment to have the bypass and 4 aneurysms scanned and to see the vascular surgeon to discuss the results. The surgeon can’t see me until September 12th. I will have the full body scan on the same day. He is the lead vascular consultant for Bristol, but he is on leave for most of August. The cut off danger point - where it’s not safe to leave it, is 5.5 cm for abdominal aortic aneurysm and 2 cm for the aneurysm in the knee. Last year the AAA was 4.8 and the knee one was 1.8, the other 3 were 1.8 and considered small. I try not to think about it too much, that way I can cope
Positive thoughts Phil.

Is it a progressive thing where as it will always grow or can the aneurysms not increase in size and stay as they are?

If they always grow are there things that you can do to slow the process down?