Notices

Old 5th August 2019, 17:18   #147871
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
G'day all - had a bit of thunder in the distance last night, plus a heavy shower which lasted for about 15 minutes - and that was the end of the threatened thunderstorm. Very grey this morning, with the odd spit of rain, so I don't think I'll be topping up my sun tan today.
Housebound for most of the day, as we're awaiting a visit from the Baxi engineer to rectify a fault on the boiler which was identified by my local plumber when he did the annual service last week. It's still under warranty for another 7 years so at least it will be a free fix - apparently my diverter valve has sprung a leak - ooooooer missus
Don't use sear words like BAXI in front of me please, our boiler has been absolutely c r a p since installation 7 years ago. We called them last Thursday as the h w has gone off AGAIN , for the 5th time since November, and they aren't coming to fix it until Weds of this week. Says a lot for their products when the helpline is constantly engaged, and they can't send an engineer round for 6 days, despite being on a care plan with them.
Old 5th August 2019, 19:55   #147872
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Don't use sear words like BAXI in front of me please, our boiler has been absolutely c r a p since installation 7 years ago. We called them last Thursday as the h w has gone off AGAIN , for the 5th time since November, and they aren't coming to fix it until Weds of this week. Says a lot for their products when the helpline is constantly engaged, and they can't send an engineer round for 6 days, despite being on a care plan with them.
Hi Richard

We have a Permacoil boiler which was installed in 2014. We are out of warranty and had a heating engineer attend this morning. His call out including his labour came to £68 and he remedied the problem within 15 minutes of his arrival. I was dreading his visit, imagining everything going wrong and his bill coming to £500.

If you are finding you can’t rely on the Baxi man to visit, have you considered trying a local engineer, just a thought.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 20:01   #147873
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Richard

We have a Permacoil boiler which was installed in 2014. We are out of warranty and had a heating engineer attend this morning. His call out including his labour came to £68 and he remedied the problem within 15 minutes of his arrival. I was dreading his visit, imagining everything going wrong and his bill coming to £500.

If you are finding you can’t rely on the Baxi man to visit, have you considered trying a local engineer, just a thought.
WE have a couple of contacts to do boiler work Phil, but we are on a care plan with Baxi, we took it out last year when it first went wrong, and the local engineer couldn't;t come for over a week. e pay a set amount per month for 12 months, which includes all parts labour and vat. TBH the amount of work and parts this thing has had since November, we could have had a new one, but no way will I buy another Baxi product. When we have to change again, I will buy one from British Gas, 2 years interest free credit and 5 year warranty.
Old 5th August 2019, 20:50   #147874
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
WE have a couple of contacts to do boiler work Phil, but we are on a care plan with Baxi, we took it out last year when it first went wrong, and the local engineer couldn't;t come for over a week. e pay a set amount per month for 12 months, which includes all parts labour and vat. TBH the amount of work and parts this thing has had since November, we could have had a new one, but no way will I buy another Baxi product. When we have to change again, I will buy one from British Gas, 2 years interest free credit and 5 year warranty.
I see everything is in hand Richard and British Gas looks to be a good deal. How are things going?

This evening, I visited a new GP a routine first appointment. I was pleasantly surprised. He was sympathetic and interested in what I had to say. I got everything I wanted. He stood up and shook my hand as I was leaving.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 05:49   #147875
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

A bit overcast here at the moment.

Off to England by bus this morning. Going to the solicitors to finalise my up to date will, circumstances have forced me to change it.

I’m leaving Rev Jules my fat wallet, stuffed with bills, no money, just bills.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 06:40   #147876
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Another mixed bag of sunshine and showers today.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 07:11   #147877
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I see everything is in hand Richard and British Gas looks to be a good deal. How are things going?

This evening, I visited a new GP a routine first appointment. I was pleasantly surprised. He was sympathetic and interested in what I had to say. I got everything I wanted. He stood up and shook my hand as I was leaving.
Morning Phil, we are not changing the boiler, just getting it repaired, my comment about BG was just IF ,we ever decide to change . I have my appointment for U/S scan on the 28th, we are away for a caravan holiday next week, which I am desperate for.
Old 6th August 2019, 07:19   #147878
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning all.

A bit overcast here at the moment.

Off to England by bus this morning. Going to the solicitors to finalise my up to date will, circumstances have forced me to change it.

I’m leaving Rev Jules my fat wallet, stuffed with bills, no money, just bills.

Good morning Bob.

You are out of luck, wish I could help Dawn wants to go and get decorating materials and order some new carpet for the bedrooms,

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 07:41   #147879
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning, was planning a bit of garden work today, dead heading, maybe even trim the ivy on the wall and the holly bush but its just started persisting down. Checked the Met Office website, there's a yellow warning for heavy showers/thunderstorms covering 99% of Scotland

Strange car sitting just along from the cottage, 04 plate Mitsubushi Evo, neighbour said it was there when he went out with the dog at six. Its not one of the doggy walking squad. Suspect it is a break down from last night, keep an eye on it.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 08:25   #147880
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Heavy low clouds scudding over with regular breaks of bright sunshine here this morning - so neither one thing or the other.

I too will be working in the garden - loads of French beans, rhubarb and red & black currents to harvest.

And the wild blackberries ripening on our regular dog walks are amazing - I don’t think I have ever seen such a crop.

Looking forward to picking a load of those for the freezer!

We get given windfall apples in the autumn - so I can see blackberry and apple pies on the menu.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote