Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2012, 11:11   #1
Alty
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Exclamation The MarinaBrian and BigRuss 160Bhp Remap, A Users Experience

I got in touch with BigRuss a few weeks ago now and enquired about the 160Bhp Remap service that was offered. I had initially thought about getting a synergy but once the cost of the remap was supplied, I asked BigRuss when the earliest time was that I could go pay him a visit.

Cue the next day, I drove about 90 mins to see BigRuss and he kindly took a look at my car with his T4 sorcery and confirmed that everything was in good working order and there were no scary surprises waiting for me (one pleasant surprise was that he mentioned that it appeared to have cruise control installed but not set up so a relatively easy retrofit awaits sometime in the near future).

BigRuss mentioned how going from 116Bhp to 160Bhp would be quite impressive and a nice big jump and after a short while after removing the ECU and installing the remap, I took it for a test drive.....

Quite simply, this is how I wanted and expected my car to perform from an owner's view. The car is a lot smoother and responsive and can heartily recommend it to anyone considering any type of remap or tuning box.

On the plus side, this upgrade is paying for itself as I can genuinely state I am getting around 600 miles per tank compared to previously 500 miles doing my standard short trips to work (23 miles each way per day) which is a 20% saving in my typical fuel bills.

I told BigRuss that I would share my findings with you all but it would be a week or so so that I could gauge my experience with the car since the remap.

Overall, if anyone is sitting on the fence - DON'T!!! This remap will give your car a new lease of life, increased performance which makes you wonder how you survived without it previously and of course the bonus that that the car is now even more economical is just the icing on the cake! I'm a cynical kind of person and like to see things in front of me before I take a leap of faith but this has been well worth the investigation and investment.

Finally (and most importantly I feel) I would like to thank BigRuss for taking the time to perform this service and being extremely knowledgeable and forthcoming with answers to any questions that you may have and being extremely personable and friendly. I look forward to our next encounter, whenever that may be!
Alty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:40   #2
S7ARBVCK
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT 2002

Hello - I'm a n00b here, but I'd really like to get this done ASAP.

Is there a phone number I can use to contact Russ?

Cheers.
S7ARBVCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:51   #3
DannyBoy81
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

I can't wait until the facelift map is ready!
DannyBoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:59   #4
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

As I have posted previously, IMO, this re-map now makes all the other re-maps/tuning boxes etc obsolete! :xmas-smiley-029:

Good luck to both Russ and Brian with this venture!

Would love for someone to get a diesel to a rolling road session, with this up-grade, a de-cat and an EGR by-pass! :xmas-smiley-029:
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:06   #5
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Would love for someone to get a diesel to a rolling road session, with this up-grade, a de-cat and an EGR by-pass! :xmas-smiley-029:
I've sent me ECU to Mr Marina Brian this morning, and I intend to have it on the rollers this year if possible once it comes back.

I'm already running 160 with lots of mods (inc a poor remap). Hoping for 165 at least (maybe even 170?)
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:08   #6
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

I would if I could

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:08   #7
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
I've sent me ECU to Mr Marina Brian this morning, and I intend to have it on the rollers this year if possible once it comes back.

I'm already running 160 with lots of mods (inc a poor remap). Hoping for 165 at least (maybe even 170?)
Can't wait to see your results, or even drive one at the Nationals! :xmas-smiley-029:

(If anyone is brave enough!)
Old 17th December 2012, 12:09   #8
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Id certainly be up for this once the facelift remap is out, if i can do it by sending the ECU off, its just too far to travel otherwise.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:12   #9
Alty
Regular poster

MG ZT-T+

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ARBVCK View Post
Hello - I'm a n00b here, but I'd really like to get this done ASAP.

Is there a phone number I can use to contact Russ?

Cheers.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=1792

You can send him a private message from there fella.
Alty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:27   #10
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Id certainly be up for this once the facelift remap is out, if i can do it by sending the ECU off, its just too far to travel otherwise.
The joys of living on the Devon Riviera Christian! :xmas-smiley-029: