Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th February 2019, 07:20   #1
Vanja

Rover 75

Default Four fuses without voltage

I have no voltage on 4 fuses in my Rover 75 cdt 2002 115hp cabin fuse box numbered 13 - interior lights, 14 - door lock, 15 - cigarette lighter, 16 - some symbol I dont know. This is reason why everithing of it stopped working for a while. I use a long wire and connect from battery +12V to ohne of fuses (common side) and ewerything works fine.

Main fuse in engine fuse box is ok, checked.

My question: Is this 4 fusses in cabine fuse box conected directly to fuse in emgine fuse box, or thru some relay, or thru key switch?

Or any other advice...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Vanja; 15th February 2019 at 07:55..
Vanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 08:37   #2
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

According to the wiring diagram in Haynes ( which are not always correct) it shows all the fuses mentioned are fed from fuses underbonnet,
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 08:46   #3
Vanja

Rover 75

Thanks RoverP480,

It is my findings too.. I will check the wire betwen two fuse boxes for this four fuses...

Im suspect on that becouse I have simmilar problem couple years ago with cooling fan, when Im finaly find that thick wire for power supply of fan motor from underbonnet fuse box corroded and breked on the half of lenght... just a cooper, from outside wire looks like everithing is ok

Thanks again!
Old 15th February 2019, 08:53   #4
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Fuses 13,14,15 & 16 in the passenger fuse panel are fed from fusible link 2 (80 amp) in the under bonnet fuse panel. A possibility is a fault with that link, or damage to the wiring under that fuse panel.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 09:01   #5
Vanja

Rover 75

Thanks raykay

fusible link 2 (80 amp) is ok, today I will check the conections and the wire and post the results here...

Do any know the color of the wire betwen fusible link 2 and passenger fuse box? Know exact color will be helpfull to me for check wire without dismounting underbonet fusebox...

Thanks again!
Old 15th February 2019, 09:10   #6
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

The cable is Brown/Black, there are two, one from fusible link 2 to those fuses, and another from fusible link 3 to other fuses in the passenger panel.
Old 15th February 2019, 17:34   #7
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanja View Post
Thanks raykay

fusible link 2 (80 amp) is ok, today I will check the conections and the wire and post the results here...

Do any know the color of the wire betwen fusible link 2 and passenger fuse box? Know exact color will be helpfull to me for check wire without dismounting underbonet fusebox...

Thanks again!
Did you remove fuse link 2 to check it?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 11:13   #8
Vanja

Rover 75

Hi everyone!

I did not solve the problem, but I found a few things.

I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under bonet again and everyone is fine.

On the box in the cabin two brown-black wires come in the same connector and one of them has no voltage. This wire that does not have the voltage is exactly that comon voltage suply that I lost for the four fuses mentioned above.

Just to mention at the begin that the voltage I am measuring in contact in the cabin fusebox is 4.6V instead of 12V.

When a long wire is connected to this brown-black wire in the fuse box connector in the cabin everything works properly.

Two black-brown wires come out of the fuse box under bonet but are not connected to the fusable link 2, and they are located near the relay area. With fusable link 2, a brown-pink wire is connected. It should be a power suply for which there is no box with fuses in the cab, according to the diagram and documentation.
I also checked that the wire in the cabin was not related to any contact in the box under bonet (fusable links, fuses and relays), and it is not.

The conclusion that can be obtained from the above is that this brown-pink wire with fusable link 2 somewhere changed its color to brown-black.

Is it possible, and if so, where could that be?

Is it possible to have anything to do with the alarm system?

If I can not find where the wire has changed color, it remains to install a new wire from fusable link 2 to the contact on the fuse box in the cabin, but it's a bit stupid.

Last edited by Vanja; 16th February 2019 at 12:05..
Old 16th February 2019, 11:57   #9
Vanja

Rover 75

Here Im post some photo of bac side of cabine fuse box, there are not helpfull for this topick but may be someone will use them for another problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QstpCehr94CaHHm96

Last edited by Vanja; 16th February 2019 at 11:59..
Old 16th February 2019, 12:07   #10
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

The two Brown/Black cables should both be in the black 3 pin connector of the engine compartment fuse panel, with a Black cable. The Black/Pink should be one of 2 cables in the blue 3 pin connector.

If there is power on both Brown/Black cables at the engine fuse panel end, but not on both at the passenger fuse panel end, it would indicate a break in the cable somewhere.

Last edited by raykay; 16th February 2019 at 12:11..