Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th August 2019, 19:34   #1
livinginthepast
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Default parking sensors again

Finally got round to sorting my parking sensors removed the loom and found a couple of the black wires had fallen off the sensors and the other two just hanging on. After dismantling the plugs and removing the oxidation from the wires with vinegar and salt I resoldered everthing and everything worked great. However when I first start the car all is fine but after half an hours driving I am rewarded with a continuous tone when I select reverse. Leave the car parked for a while and all is OK again. The fault must now be with the control box or the sensors but which? has anyone else experienced this? How do the control boxes vary ? is it just mk1 or mk2 or are there other variations?
livinginthepast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 20:00   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I have been told black and white control boxes are not interchangeable.

with the car in reverse does each sensor give a clicking sound? The one that doesn't if there is one, is the faulty one. All of mine were clicking but I have been having the same problem. yesterday I removed the bumper, pulled the plug and socket apart on each sensor, sprayed with contact cleaner reassembled and disassembled a few times, then took apart and let dry.
Put it all back and it was ok yesterday but only time will tell.

macafee2

i'm talking abut the ecu in the boot but see this
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/ind...?thepage=howto there are some pdf files, one is about parking sensors

Last edited by macafee2; 18th August 2019 at 20:10..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 10:33   #3
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginthepast View Post
Finally got round to sorting my parking sensors removed the loom and found a couple of the black wires had fallen off the sensors and the other two just hanging on. After dismantling the plugs and removing the oxidation from the wires with vinegar and salt I resoldered everthing and everything worked great. However when I first start the car all is fine but after half an hours driving I am rewarded with a continuous tone when I select reverse. Leave the car parked for a while and all is OK again. The fault must now be with the control box or the sensors but which? has anyone else experienced this? How do the control boxes vary ? is it just mk1 or mk2 or are there other variations?
Black parking ECU's are on early cars were the sounder is located at the rear of the car -white ECU's are on later cars and the sounder is in the IPK.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote