Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th June 2022, 19:47   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default Help with a mystery

Rover 75 buddies i need some help on issue that is starting to drive me up the wall

Firstly my R75 DERV Tourer back brake pipe went, no big deal that happens so it went into the garage

when there it had new brake pipes , new caliper and bled

however on return it did this

brake pedal worked as you pressed and after two seconds started to sink to the floor, not entirely to the floor boards but sank slowly. checked and no air in the system, so the garage said it may be a seal on the master cylinder, so i said ok lets get one then so we got one and also placed three new vacuum tubes on the servo also .... wait for it

tried it again with all that done.....two seconds sank again, its not leaking and no air in the system.... so back to the drawing board, this time the garage said the T4 is not talking to the ABS system so may be its now gone as the fluid all drained out from the brake pipe going at this point i said i cannot believe a broken brake pipe would knock out the entire braking system... so in the end i said ok lets get the ABS off my donor which i knew it worked....

placed that on the car... wait for it.... same again two second brake pedal sank slowly, so now i have had brake pipes, three vacuums pipes , ABS system, master cylinder, caliper, and new fluid and brake system bled....

the garage then said the servo must be gone....i said i just cannot believe this, and said hold on lets not change this yet... the two mechs are good guys however we seem to be stumped on this.... can anyone let me know what is going on here, because i fear the worst if we change the servo again nothing will change HELP!!! ROVER 75 buddies

MY BRAKES ARE SLOWLY SINKING? ON THE FOOT BRAKE PEDDLE.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote