Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th August 2020, 18:48   #1
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Front shock absorber question

Just looked under the hood of the 190 and noticed washer on the near side front was opposite to driver side front.
Knowing nothing about suspension, does this matter?

I’m guessing the driver side is correct with washer turned down?
I noticed the passenger side wing mirror was vibrating on the motorway at 70 while the driver mirror was rock solid.
At standstill the passenger mirror does seem to have slightly more play, but I have to ask about the top washer on the shock now I’ve noticed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 18:54   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Picture one looks correct
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2020, 21:08   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

there was a similar question on here a few weeks back where someone asked the same question. the answers were that it was ok as it was and if you did want to change the other over to the correct way over as in photo number one you could do it. the post suggested that with someone of reasonable weight sitting on the wing the nut could be unscrewed and removed and the cup turned over and after making sure that the threads were fully tightened down the weight released ... but at no time other than after the job has been done. if you do a search on here im sure you will find the posts. other members have done it this way and say its ok but i have not tried it and im not suggesting that you do it this way. its your choice and you take responsibility for your choice of action if you do . make your own decision of course . ... regards xsport.
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 08:55   #4
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
there was a similar question on here a few weeks back where someone asked the same question. the answers were that it was ok as it was and if you did want to change the other over to the correct way over as in photo number one you could do it. the post suggested that with someone of reasonable weight sitting on the wing the nut could be unscrewed and removed and the cup turned over and after making sure that the threads were fully tightened down the weight released ... but at no time other than after the job has been done. if you do a search on here im sure you will find the posts. other members have done it this way and say its ok but i have not tried it and im not suggesting that you do it this way. its your choice and you take responsibility for your choice of action if you do . make your own decision of course . ... regards xsport.
Much appreciate that info. I was afraid of touching it since I suspected something might go 'boing' if I did the wrong thing. If it's not too big a deal I'll tackle it later when I've read up on suspension.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote