Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd April 2009, 17:55   #1
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Default Shocked that we slept through car crash!

A couple of nights ago at 2:30 am, a car crashed into a hedge and a substantial brick wall diagonally opposite our house, fracturing a BT telegraph pole in the process. Bearing in mind that this was no more than 12 yards from our bedroom window and even closer to our neighbour, I cannot believe that we heard nothing.

We only have an idea of the time because another neighbour, a little further away, was vaguely disturbed by a noise at that time. The first any of us knew of it was our next door neighbour spotted the car skewed across the road, almost blocking it, at 6:15. No driver, thankfully. He called the police who said it was the first that they had heard of it. (The first we knew of it was the next day when the BT guy knocked on the door to say that they were replacing the pole and the phone would be off.)

It seems likely that the car belongs to a lad in the next village who had been drinking, crashed the car and 'done a runner'. What has shocked us is that it could have been something far worse with someone lying injured for hours. You read about modern society being uncaring - but we really didn't know anything about it. Also worrying that there must have been someone passing in that time frame who could have reported it, I know we're in a rural area but it's by no means deserted.
Bernard LPG is offline   Reply With Quote