Notices

Old 27th February 2019, 20:59   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The last thing you should do is make a decision from a bad place. Those decisions are nearly always the wrong ones because you are not in a position of strength and confidence. Consolidate present conditions, return to form and take time to look around. You might know what the examiner/authority was not happy about so study that area with the mind set of determination. Sometimes a setback can be a blessing in disguise. Good luck.
Yeah act in haste and repent at leisure
Old 28th February 2019, 05:35   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
when I see people write stuff like this "Naturally this reduction in pay would also jeopardise my ownership on my ZT which is something I'd rather not so as I've become somewhat attached to it, but it's definitely something that has to go if things get too tight" it kind of saddens me that people and I do not mean to cause any offence, are so financially at risk.

As for the job, I cant give advice but this is my experience.
I "retired" a bit over a year ago. I now have a little part time job that pays minimum wage, a fraction of what I was on and this is only when I can get work but and this is important...... I'm happier, less frustrated, less stressed and less cheesed off.

Some weeks I don't try to work.

money is not everything, the large amount you earn, is just something to brag about.

macafee2
Same here.

I retired many years ago - I have had several small jobs - all part time and all wanted more of me than I was prepared to give.

I’d done with all that.

I now drive a minibus for kids in need (I have my D1) and also invigilate at our local School and the Sixth Form College.

As you say Ian - it is not the money - it is about activity and for me - giving something “back”
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 18:43   #13
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Thanks for the advice and words of wisdom everyone and thanks for the kind words Rich, I'll try and pass the test as I'd like it for a little part time work but I am feeling the best I've felt in a long time knowing that I am planning on leaving the job.

The hardest thing is knowing what to do about my ZT now, the car requires a few grand spending on it, might get away with a bit less but it's hard to justify that kind of expenditure especially when I'm going to take a pay hit being an apprentice and I'll be relying on my partner, it's selfish to ask her to subsidise my ZT ownership. I've always said the ZT makes a good 2nd car but there's no way I'd rely on it as a daily.