Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th April 2018, 11:34   #1
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts
Default Well now this is a bummer

My tourer has been on SORN for almost 5 months, battery taken off and kept on charge.
Because I am planning on selling soon I replaced the battery this morning, car started fine on first turn, I thought lovely But.....
on trying to use the Navall II that`s in I got no response from the touch screen, before it got took off the road the unit had lost touch on about the bottom quarter inch of the screen, now it seems it is all of the screen.
I am going to have to put the old Symphony back in unless the response comes back and I can format the unit.
There`s always something ain`t there ??
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 13:31   #2
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

You can navigate the screen with a usb keyboard or mouse but i suspect the screen has died. Scrapped mine for the same reason

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2018, 05:29   #3
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
You can navigate the screen with a usb keyboard or mouse but i suspect the screen has died. Scrapped mine for the same reason
Thanks Nige, I will have a play with it over the weekend, did`nt get back from test center until late and it was chucking it down.
Whatever the outcome it has to either go back to factory setting or come out out as it has all my details on and that`s what you don`t want to "sell on"
Ken.
Old 28th April 2018, 08:10   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Ken,

As Nigel knows and some other owners of the Navall2. It seems that the Navall 2 unit can suffer from the touch screen fault you have got.
Sean tried and didn't succeed in obtaining replacement screens/touch membranes for the Navall2 units so it does seem unlikely a repair can be carried out.

Might be worth contacting Sean to see if there is anything he can do or if the situation regarding the Navall2 spares has changed but I'm rather out of the loop now I'm afraid.
Old 28th April 2018, 09:02   #5
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Ken,

As Nigel knows and some other owners of the Navall2. It seems that the Navall 2 unit can suffer from the touch screen fault you have got.
Sean tried and didn't succeed in obtaining replacement screens/touch membranes for the Navall2 units so it does seem unlikely a repair can be carried out.

Might be worth contacting Sean to see if there is anything he can do or if the situation regarding the Navall2 spares has changed but I'm rather out of the loop now I'm afraid.
Hi Jeff, thanks for your post.
I plan to sell the tourer that the Nav 2 is in, if I can factory reset it using a mouse then I will leave it in and if it sells I will give any new owner the original Symphony unit (Glad I saved it) and they can do as they wish.
If the reset fails then I can swap it back to original, just to be safe as a lot of my details are in the Navall unit
I can`t keep up to two vehicles now and I struggled just to run them both
let alone maintain due to health, thank you again for your input Jeff.
Ken.
Old 30th April 2018, 23:40   #6
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

I have just ordered a new digitiser for my nav 2. Final confirmation will be when I fit it but check out the new thread in the DD area for more details.

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote