Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2020, 23:12   #1
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Broken off drivers front door internal handle.

The internal handle came off the drivers side when closing it a few weeks ago. I managed to source a replacement and have read through the forums on here ( some of which have photos that would be helpful if I could see them but says they are unavailable). Cannot find an answer to my predicament.
Have all those plastic doovalackies for popping off the trim clips and managed to get at 4 of them off ( I believe that there are 8?)with a bit of brute force and ignorance. I understand that there are two in the middle of the door that a tug on my, now, non existent handle will be necessary for progress. With no handle, this is an impossible step to take. Currently, the trim panel is proud of the door by 1/4” on either side and about the same amount vertically on the LHS. Stuck now as to where to go from here without breaking something minor or major.
All verbal guidance greatly received.......
Roker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2020, 06:52   #2
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Alan, once you've released the clips around the edges of the door, the central clips can be released by nudging the bottom of the door pocket with your knee upwards to slide the clips off the metal bracket which is attached to the inside of the door.

This leaves the black plastic clips in place on the spring clips that are pop riveted to the door, these need to be removed and refitted to the door card prior to refitting.

It took me a while to work this one out, but once I did, doing the other three doors was quite easy.

I hope this helps.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 02:47   #3
Roker
Regular poster

2001 Connoisseur

Default Broken off drivers front door internal handle

Thanks Alf. Heading off this week in the 'van. Will have to wait until I get back. Did a few kicks previously, more out of pique than anything else, because this thing was getting to me and it didn't budge. Will have to get out my "vernier knees" after I have dialed down the anger setting on this device from " overtly agitated" to " that's just enough-you wally".

Cullercoats eh? Went there as a littl'un on a school trip once and visited the lifeboat station. If I remember correctly, from 55 years ago ( give or take) it was a rubber ducky donated by the Blue Peter Appeal of the time. Milk bottle top collecting or something. I hated Peter Purves......useless clown got all the good gigs whilst John Noakes risked life and limb climbing Nelson's column to clean NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- off the statue's head.
Roker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 09:23   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker View Post
Thanks Alf. Heading off this week in the 'van. Will have to wait until I get back. Did a few kicks previously, more out of pique than anything else, because this thing was getting to me and it didn't budge. Will have to get out my "vernier knees" after I have dialed down the anger setting on this device from " overtly agitated" to " that's just enough-you wally".

Cullercoats eh? Went there as a littl'un on a school trip once and visited the lifeboat station. If I remember correctly, from 55 years ago ( give or take) it was a rubber ducky donated by the Blue Peter Appeal of the time. Milk bottle top collecting or something. I hated Peter Purves......useless clown got all the good gigs whilst John Noakes risked life and limb climbing Nelson's column to clean NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- off the statue's head.
Good luck with curing your door handle problem and I think you can get away with saying---bird poo--- without getting your knuckles rapped on here.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote