Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th July 2018, 17:28   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default wife's bought a car

The wife went out this morning and came home to tell me she has put a £100 deposit on a 2nd hand car. Refundable if on test drive we walk away.

Ford Focus in deep impact. This is to replace our 52 plate Honda Accord 2L SE Executive. Due to the length of time we keep cars, this will pay for itself
in savings of fuel and tax.

Although our Accord is worth may be £300 at most I treat it as a car that's worth what we paid for it years ago, double locked, parked at far end of car park, not thrashed, fluids checked.

It was on web site for just 2 hours. 12 months warranty, some cars coming with only the legal requirement, 3 months.

She went to look at another car, saw a blue one next to it and did not even bother to look inside... she decided she wanted Blue.

should get it in a couple of weeks as there is a scuff on the front bumper so its going to a body shop. Looking at Focus mot histories they seem to go through their brakes quite quickly, this has an advisory for pitted discs so she has asked for discs and pad to be changed.

Lots of mod cons but I don't think it is going to make me feel good driving it as my 75 does

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 11:05   #2
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Its certainly smaller than your 75 and not has comfortable . But on the plus side it will be easier to park. Best of luck with your new toy , have fun
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 17:33   #3
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

The Focus is no better or worse than the 75, the thing to remember is, it's different and that difference can be enjoyed. The Focus is a fun car to drive and I suspect that most of the pad wear you see reported is too much right foot on the fast pedal followed by the need to brake. Poor driving standards in a car that likes to be thrown around. I had a 52 plate diesel Focus estate that was a great car. I moved to the Skoda Superb from the 75 and it had all the toys and the comfort but to be honest, I am finding the Focus much more fun to drive.

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 19th July 2018 at 17:35..
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 18:05   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
The Focus is no better or worse than the 75, the thing to remember is, it's different and that difference can be enjoyed. The Focus is a fun car to drive and I suspect that most of the pad wear you see reported is too much right foot on the fast pedal followed by the need to brake. Poor driving standards in a car that likes to be thrown around. I had a 52 plate diesel Focus estate that was a great car. I moved to the Skoda Superb from the 75 and it had all the toys and the comfort but to be honest, I am finding the Focus much more fun to drive.

An excellent post. Most cars can be enjoyed a lot ith a change in driving style to match the car.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 18:50   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

it will be a town car with few long runs +25 miles. The 75 will remain the distance car.
I just hope the Focus is reliable.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote