Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd December 2020, 22:00   #41
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I’ll be going to Christmas dinner with my friends as I’m part of there bubble. They only live 10 minutes from me, on foot. Plus we are going to the pub for a beer or two.
We will be in tier two on Boxing Day, currently in tier one.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 22:13   #42
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I’ll be going to Christmas dinner with my friends as I’m part of there bubble. They only live 10 minutes from me, on foot. Plus we are going to the pub for a beer or two.
We will be in tier two on Boxing Day, currently in tier one.
Have a great day Bob

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:09   #43
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Christmas isn't cancelled, only the spirit of Christmas where you are encouraged to interact with fellow humans........you know normality, not "new normal" or any other tosh you might have heard of late.

I'm sick and tired of the way we are being treated like infants, I for one am totally capable of making a risk assessment as to how I conduct myself and with total respect to those around me.

There are too many people spouting sanctimonious claptrap, and pretending that they are somehow better than others.

The truth of the matter is simple, at some point we will all become immune to this virus, or die trying, or we will die as a result of some other malady, or indeed peacefully in our sleep aged 104.

Enjoy Christmas as best you can in as safe a manner possible, don't wring your hands in woe and talk about light at the end of the tunnel and worry yourself stupid, life is not a dummy run, there are no refunds or exchanges, so treat each day as if it were your last

Best wishes everyone, stay safe, but enjoy the occasion.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:26   #44
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Happy Christmas everyone . It what you make of it with what you have .
It's just a day in the calendar .
Yes we have had to alter this and that but we are still alive
All the best
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:53   #45
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
The seasonal flu virus is out there but with social distancing, isolation and mask wearing because of covid its effects are currently limited. Perhaps its not us that should wake up!
Merry Xmas
If all the above measures work so well with Flu why are coronavirus rates rising

Just saying

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 00:03   #46
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
If all the above measures work so well with Flu why are coronavirus rates rising

Just saying

Russ
Because, I believe, it's much more infectious.

And the possible mutated one they are now banging on about is even easier to catch. Keep your distance folks but still have the best Xmas you can.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 00:32   #47
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenEssex View Post
Just 3 weeks to flatten to curve... back to normal by Easter... back to normal by end of the Summer....back to normal by end of the year....now tier 4.....furlough extended until April 2021....back to normal when we get a rushed through vaccine.....a health passport required to get back to enjoying your old freedoms and civil liberties.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

5 Million 'cases' and little or no excess deaths in 2020.

Where has the seasonal flu gone?

Waaakkkeyyyy Waaaakkeeyyyy
What a brain dead, ignorant comment. YouTube must be your primary source of information.
Remove tin-hat and speak to the people working in hospitals, maybe the guys with the medical degrees are the ignorant ones.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 17:17   #48
StephenEssex
Loves to post

2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
What a brain dead, ignorant comment. YouTube must be your primary source of information.
Remove tin-hat and speak to the people working in hospitals, maybe the guys with the medical degrees are the ignorant ones.
I do every day, my mum is a nurse in Kent, Tier 4. I don't tend to use Youtube, I prefer checking the ONS Gov website for my stats. Maybe have a little look, after watching the blatant propaganda on BBC News.

Do your research. Many qualified Doctors, Virologists and Epidemiologists are all trying to speak out, funnily enough not invited on the BBC or Sky News programme.

Where are all the excess deaths in 2020? Where has the flu gone? Influenza?

In the meantime, enjoy your muzzle muppet (they do nothing)
StephenEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 17:35   #49
StephenEssex
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
There have been 70,000 excess deaths in the UK so far this year. I don't think the families of those people lost would agree with you that the figure could be described as 'little or no.'
There are sadly 70,000 deaths with Covid-19 mentioned on the death certificate, but not 70,000 'excess' deaths so far this year. The ONS latest release of figures on Tues 22 Dec confirm this.
Old 25th December 2020, 12:08   #50
StephenEssex
Loves to post

It is also important we know how to calculate excess deaths... by merely comparing the previous year is not always a guide for assessing a true spike in deaths. For example if the previous year had a lower mortality rate then normally the following year will be higher, this is a trend. Last winter was rather mild and saw far less elderly and vulnerable people pass away, however the previous year 2018 was might higher.

The calculate a true 'excess' we need to take a 5 year average and calculate the deaths per 100,000. This allows for an increase in population. Taking the last 5 years 2015-2020 (with one week left to run) the death rate in the UK is currently classed as 'Normal' and certainly NOT at pandemic levels.

Am I saying Covid doesn't exist? No. Am I saying it doesn't matter if someone 82 dies of covid? No. But please turn off your TV's and avoid the mass hysteria, false test results and bear in mind this time of year roughly 1600 die every single day, sadly.

We also need to consider the additional deaths caused by lockdowns and essentially shutting down the NHS. Missed cancer screening and testing, people not able to access their GP, operations put on hold. We already know the NHS waiting list is now 4.5Million, a record high since records began.

The PCR test is not and was not invented to test for infectious diseases, according to the man who invented the PCR test back in the 1980's, a Mr Kary Mullis.

Just a tin hatter conspiracy crackpot applying some rationale and research using official Gov figures.