Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2021, 18:49   #21
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

The original Gold Star (1938/1939) was derived from the Empire Star, the bike i always wanted but could never afford, the Empire Star is the closest i could get and as I have kept it so long and still adore it, was an excellent choice.
That bike will be the very last thing i sell, it’s for life!
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2021, 18:59   #22
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

1938 M24 Gold Star
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEF9D1E4-1675-412D-8211-2918AC2CE9EF.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2021, 19:04   #23
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I fancied a British bike but never really liked Triumph. Went into my local bike shop one day and there was a Commando! Guys who imported it from California were selling it through the shop along with some Jap US imports. 1972 750 Commando Roadster, black/gold lining etc. decent nick but as I mentioned, some non standard bits like the short mega silencers. Became a good customer of RGM Motors restoring it! Loved it, slight contrast to the 1500 Wing I had, nothing refined about it, sheer brute force. Kickstart only, used to have to have a stock of kickstart pawls, it ate them! Allegedly the kickstart would hold the weight of a ten stone man without going over compression, had to start it like you meant it, half hearted efforts were not appreciated.

It had been off the road for a while, needed some work but I was handicapped by having all my tools nicked, 3 substantial tool boxes including one that contained all the tools I'd bought, begged, been given for the Commando. Decided to sell.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2021, 05:37   #24
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Default what is the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
Bought myself another motorbike on Sunday to take the load of my 1938 BSA Empire Star (which I've owned and used for 20 plus years now, including work and back most days during the summer months).
Saw it whilst just browsing the for sale adverts and thought 'i like the look of that, why not!'
Borrowed a friends bike trailer and towed it back with the tourer, no fuss and she didn't miss a beat - she's good like that.
Bike now safely chained up in the garage whilst I have a little fettle before it's MOT on Friday, can’t wait to get it on the road!

Anybody guess what bike it is (not my normal choice which would be 1930's British iron)

My first thought when I saw the tank was BSA then an closer inspection of photos the gear lever must be on the left. So that took me to Japan but whose? The exhausts are very reminiscent of a S1 Kawasaki. So sticking with that we will go for late 90s but a bigger engine perhaps a W650 but the style is not right unless someone has done a lot of work on her.
I am going to stick with Kawasaki W650. I must find the thread again and find out what she is
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote