Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th August 2021, 19:56   #12961
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Smile Busy on my Tourer

Quite busy recently on my Tourer :-
1. Front Rover mud flaps been cutting into paint on wing. Removed them to find they have also worn a hole through end of sill! Used a Dremel to remove rust , then rust convertor followed by Epoxy paint and Copper Leaf paint. Applied Epoxy and Dinitrol to other side underneath. Like the look of the mud flaps but have trimmed the edges off and will be fitting rubber spacers I am making to stand them off from the paintwork by a couple of mm. Will do this on both wings. In Wing cavities behind wheel arch liner I cleared out load of mud , cleaned and protective a prayed. Have some large block of polystyrene which plan to cut to shape to fill these cavities to stop the dirt gathering.
2. Headlights were foggy so employed a rotary drill wool pad and Meguiars M105 Ultra cut compound to amazing effect. Followed by applying Britemax Extreme Elements 2.0 sealant.
3. Applied Silicone spray to all rubbers – including gaiters
4. Rear window regulator broke couple of day ago and window lid right down. Removed both door card and then regulator to find that the plastic slider that lifts window had snapped. New regulator from Rimmers is about £200 but I had a spare ( £10 at a breakers) which I fitted in replace broken one. Refitted door card using fir tree clips in key places. All now working fine.
5. Next task is a complete examination of underbody to check/repair protective layers I have applied – especially rear arms.
6. After that I will be wiring up some DRL’s to the front.
Quite a lot of work/fun but then, these cars are really worth it – British , remarkable/luxurious design and ride. No boring Grey BMW on y driveway!!!
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2021, 21:56   #12962
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I enjoyed a spirited drive back from Whitburn to North Ayrshire.
Lifted the spirits and reminded me why I love my ZT
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2021, 19:47   #12963
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Funnily enough Dave, it’s previous owner was a country bumpkin 😂😂

Supercharging the V8?
It’s already got one Dave 👌

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a Dreadnot garage job. Makes the car so much more driveable on the German autoroutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2021, 12:19   #12964
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

took the 260 to work as the cdti is up on stands, did'nt quite finish the handbrake adjustng / fuel pipe cover repair etc ..

anyone ever thought of making glass fibre versions of this ever rusting pipe cover

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2021, 16:11   #12965
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Got a notification from the freight forwarder that my new ZT-T190 has been offloaded in Montreal on it's journey from Germany via Rotterdam. Only taken 3 months so far.
Now the container gets loaded on the train for a 4500km trip to me on the west coast. With any luck I will see it mid to late September then it's time to prep it for the government safety check.
Not nearly as simple as opening the classifieds and buying something local!
Old 31st August 2021, 18:52   #12966
the dutch guy

replaced the brake sensor -again-.

sensor acted up, replaced it with matching part number from some brand i got at the local parts store/stealer. lights stayed on 100% of the time with the new switch that was 100% the right one and would not be taken back as it was special order.... rearholes....
bit the bullet and orderd a new one from rimmers. got a original BMW switch, that worked. finally have working lights and cruse control again. thanks brexit for that import tax for a part made in germany, sold in england and shipped to holland...

also replaced the auto box oil, did it in 2 runs as it could not get the oil line off wihtout fear of snapping everything. so drained everything, filled it with dextron 4, ran it engine for a minute while going into the gears, flushed again.

it did help a lot in shifting, the old stuff was not ok anymore. it was never replaced in 180k miles from the looks of it. going to replace it again in a couple weeks with the proper stuff. i genuienly had to walk out the shop to not throw up from the smell.

but first i need to fix the exaust and rear suspention when the next money train comes in. the rear is at 32cm right now from hub to arch. not an expert but that is a tad on the low side i think. i am not looking foward into removing the rear seat just to see what springs i need. i dont understand why there is no simple list of what springs should be in which models. a kv6 tourer is not that uncommon...
that should also explain why the exaust needs replacing...

Last edited by the dutch guy; 31st August 2021 at 19:00..
the dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:06   #12967
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Default Another MOT pass

Got my 75 through another MOT.
Advisories for front discs and rear arms and thats all.

MOT guy commented on how clean it is.

Needs some protection underneath as it has quite a bit of surface rust. As I already have a 220 coupe I don't really want two cars that need hitting with the spanners but I have come to the conclusion that a few £hundred on the 75 should easily see it last a few years yet. Seems a more palatable option than many £thousand on something newer that arguably would be no better than what I already have. Food for thought.
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:47   #12968
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Looks like a Dreadnot garage job. Makes the car so much more driveable on the German autoroutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, its a Roush factory jobbie, its actually an sv engine, it has the builders name engraved on a plate fitted to the engine.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:37   #12969
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Had more parts arrive today so I can crack on with my ZT-T. I'd fallen out of love with it for quite a while and it just sat untouched for nearly a year. I'm feeling it again so things are on the move once more.
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2021, 22:01   #12970
Steve42
I really should get out more.......

mg 190+

Default Drove the zt.

Took the zt out for the first time since February.
Only 10 miles. Smiled for all 10 miles.
Steve42 is offline   Reply With Quote