Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd October 2017, 21:50   #1
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Default Anybody been to Jersey ?

Always fancied going and easy jet fights not too expensive , where is a must see and any hotel recommendations ?
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:24   #2
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

go see the war tunnels ...that was the best "attraction " i visited when there.Cant recommend a hotel as if i could remember the place we stayed in , I wouldnt recommend any one to stay there.Enjoy your hols

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:43   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Been several times and always stayed HERE.It is in Gorey harbour below Mont Orgueil castle which features on the front of many holiday brochures.As said above the wartime tunnels/underground hospital are very interesting,there is a good zoo and many places of historic interest.Well worth a visit.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 06:04   #4
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Been there a few times, but always on day trips to do my Xmas shopping..... so I can tell you about the shops but not much about the island itself.

The ridiculous thing is that you can probably fly there cheaper than I can get the ferry on the short hop from St Malo
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 06:13   #5
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

I agree with the Underground Tunnels, it's a must visit. You also have Elizabeth Island in St. Helier. There are plenty of places to visit, mostly relating to the invasion, but if history is your thing, then it's perfect.

Can't recommend any hotels, as it's been a while since I've been, and most of the time stayed with family anyway

If you hire a car, remember the maximum speed is 40, mostly 30 or even 20.

Enjoy it though.

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 06:32   #6
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Do they still do the Bergerac tours? Love Bergerac and would love a trip around the island and someone to point out the land marks etc.
Its a shame charlie Hungerfords house has been demolished after it was left to go to ruin.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 06:41   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I went a few years ago and agree with the above sights to see. The hotel we stayed in apparently is now shut.

One word of warning the day we were due to return the weather was bad and the car ferry did not sail, we were given the choice of either waiting 24 hours or flying home and the car would be put on the next ferry and we could collect it from the ferry terminal. We stayed as I didn't fancy flying in that weather and the following day it was calm as a mill pond.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 07:32   #8
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I've been, was on Holiday in Cornwall and booked a weekend package deal in Jersey with car hire and budget hotel, flew from Exeter airport..

The car had a tape made by John Nettles giving a tour guide of the island, you can drive around the whole lot in less than an hour, apart from the German military hospital under ground the rest was like a posher Bridlington..

boring and more boring
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 08:21   #9
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

We went there some years back and it was great. Historic sites to visit, both wartime and medieval. The zoo is Gerald Durrells and is excellent with lots of information about their support of conservation programmes worldwide. Some lovely walks, accessed using the local bus system, which is very good and we felt, no need to have a car.

The people are great and due to the closeness to France and the historical connections, a cross between cultures.

It was a while back, so I won't recommend the B&B, which was very good, but there is a lot of choice. The websites are a bit of a pain as they want dates before you get enough information on the establishment. I have heard the hotels are good too. St. Helier is the place to stay.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 09:31   #10
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I got engaged in Jersey back in 1969! We've been together ever since! take care!!! We toured the island on a hired Lambretta. No traffic and beaches to die for. I'll bet it has changed now though. Enjoy!