Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th February 2020, 02:11   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Thanks TC.

I'll go and have a close look at them all later (it's raining again).

Meanwhile, just for info, I think nuts 5 & 9 and 6 & 8 are all 'stiffnuts' (as per Brian's posts 3 & 8) in which case they should probably be replaced. And bolts 3 have red locking compound as opposed to some other MGR bolts which have blue - I've got no idea which colour means 'use once'. Maybe I should just replace the whole lot and be done with it - I don't want to have to keep crawling underneath to check the darned things. There again, it's another £30 or so down the drain.
Stiffnuts don't need to be replaced, it is Nyloc nuts that are once use

Patchlok bolts won't need replacement either, or if you are that paranoid, a dot of Loctite 243 will replace either blue or red patchlok compound.

I rather think you are over worrying Simon, I would limit any further intervention to cleaning the ARB bushes with isopropanol or similar to remove the red rubber grease, and after taking the car for a run around the block to settle the suspension, reverse it up onto a pair of ramps, and torque the bolts up and be done with it.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote