Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2010, 19:07   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default XP log in issue.

Following the installation of some Windows updates a couple of weeks ago i now have a log in/page load issue on start up.

I'm now being to provide my username before the homepage will load.The word "administrator" appears in the username box,i have to cancel this and type in my username and then it will load wher'as before the page loaded automatically on start up.

I've been told that i could create a new account but risk not being able to log on at all if it turns to poo

Can my username be restored to allow me to log on automatically again at start up?

ps.i've tried system restore and for some reason my pc will not have it regardless of which date i use.

thanks.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 29th May 2010 at 19:12..
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 19:21   #2
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Have you tried looking at the following:

Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control panel". Select " User Accounts", then have a look at "Change the way users log on or off". In this section I have a tick in the box that says choose the welcome screen so I dont need to use a password.
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 19:37   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmicky View Post
Have you tried looking at the following:

Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control panel". Select " User Accounts", then have a look at "Change the way users log on or off". In this section I have a tick in the box that says choose the welcome screen so I dont need to use a password.
Hi

yes i also have a tick in that box and don't need to type in a password but the problem is with the Username.I'm having to cancel the word "administrator" and type in my Username each time at start up to get the page to load where'as prior to the updates the homepage loaded automatically.It's as though administrator has replaced my username as the default setting at start up/log on.

Old 29th May 2010, 19:56   #4
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Have you tried going in to "User Accounts" as described, then under "Pick an account to change" click on adminstrator then looking under change name or password.If theres a password for Administrator try removing it...then you may be able to change the name of the administrator to what you want.
You could always try a "Restore" from a few weeks back if you have a restore point before the updates.
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 15:46   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

I'm told that auto log in can be set up again using Tweak UI
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

I'm not sure i want to take the risk of locking myself out completey though if i click something i shouldn't I'll see.