Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2015, 15:31   #1
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Default Hiline for Dummies

Hi Folks,

My 260 came with the standard hiline radio/cassette/TV/Satnav, which is completely new to me. I can identify some of the boot components but not all of them.

I tried searching but as usual my search skills are rubbish. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good description of the hiline system?

Secondly, I'm interested in finding out the good upgrade path for these components to make them more modern , add phone connectivity, etc. I've seen threads about BMW components but wondered again if there was an all encompassing document for newbies like me?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 18:25   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Hi Folks,

My 260 came with the standard hiline radio/cassette/TV/Satnav, which is completely new to me. I can identify some of the boot components but not all of them.

I tried searching but as usual my search skills are rubbish. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good description of the hiline system?

Secondly, I'm interested in finding out the good upgrade path for these components to make them more modern , add phone connectivity, etc. I've seen threads about BMW components but wondered again if there was an all encompassing document for newbies like me?

Cheers,
Rich
I have a scan of the instruction book if you would like a copy,

Steve
stevenkeyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 20:49   #3
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

I've got the basic manual that tells you how to operate from the head unit, is that the same as yours Steve?

Cheers,
Rich
Old 9th March 2015, 21:10   #4
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Hi Folks,

looking in the boot from the rear (assuming a saloon) on the inner rear wing on the right is the satnav drive. If you lift the black cover from the boot latch catch and then the black cover below it that cover part of the spare wheel well (you'll have to remove some scrivets to get that out). Then you'll find the TV tuner/video switching module on the left and the radio on the right.

The CD changer is usually in the glovebox, but can I think also be fitted below the satnav drive (but not usual). The gps antenna is below the rear 'parcel' shelf, and the radio and tv aerials are in the rear screen, with aerial amps under the c pillar trim on both sides.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 21:13   #5
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Personally I would remove the lot, and all of the surplus loom and fit an android or WinCE head unit that does it all from a single double din that will not drain your battery flat as faltering high lines are prone to doing...
also you have more room in the boot and can install the cubbies that hold all of your little bits and bobs...
Old 9th March 2015, 21:18   #6
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
looking in the boot from the rear (assuming a saloon) on the inner rear wing on the right is the satnav drive. If you lift the black cover from the boot latch catch and then the black cover below it that cover part of the spare wheel well (you'll have to remove some scrivets to get that out). Then you'll find the TV tuner/video switching module on the left and the radio on the right.

The CD changer is usually in the glovebox, but can I think also be fitted below the satnav drive (but not usual). The gps antenna is below the rear 'parcel' shelf, and the radio and tv aerials are in the rear screen, with aerial amps under the c pillar trim on both sides.
Thanks Avulon, I'll have a look in the boot.
Old 9th March 2015, 21:21   #7
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
Personally I would remove the lot, and all of the surplus loom and fit an android or WinCE head unit that does it all from a single double din that will not drain your battery flat as faltering high lines are prone to doing...
also you have more room in the boot and can install the cubbies that hold all of your little bits and bobs...
I've had a winCE DD in my daily driver for the past 4 years. Whist the features are good, I've never been happy with radio reception or the TMC function, plus a few other niggles I've put up with. I just thought I'd try a go with some OEM-ish equipment in the 260 as I'd like to keep it fairly original.

Rich
Old 10th March 2015, 16:39   #8
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
I've got the basic manual that tells you how to operate from the head unit, is that the same as yours Steve?

Cheers,
Rich
Rich, yes, it's the instruction manual for the highline unit

Steve
stevenkeyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 19:04   #9
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Hi Rich, I have the BMW widescreen, MK4 GPS, ULF bluetooth, BM54 radio, Intravee II, Harmon Kardon audio and hybrid TV tuner. I think it's great but then I'm biased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebay 607.jpg (137.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg ebay 604.jpg (135.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg ebay 613.jpg (138.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg ebay 616.jpg (136.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg ebay 609.jpg (136.3 KB, 44 views)
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 23:01   #10
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

I would also stick with the high line which is 10+ years old (will the chinese ones last that long?)and mods still coming up especially with the new firmware with the intravee.By the way Geoff what vehicle type have you put in for the intravee as I have a simlilair set up to you.
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote