Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2015, 20:56   #1
oldie
Loves to post

Connoisseur SE v8 auto '54

Default Highline and usb stick

Recommendations please. 53 registration tourer with original Highline set-up and would like to incorporate a usb stick. The CD player lead is present in the glove box but there is no CD player. I'm not interested in having a CD player. I am bemused by the various options quoted on the different forums and would appreciate some sound advice.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 22:36   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie View Post
Recommendations please. 53 registration tourer with original Highline set-up and would like to incorporate a usb stick. The CD player lead is present in the glove box but there is no CD player. I'm not interested in having a CD player. I am bemused by the various options quoted on the different forums and would appreciate some sound advice.
I see what you did there lol

recently I replaced my standard fit stereo with an Alpine 178BT This leads me to ask what your budget is, whether you will fit amps etc. I went for the 178, because it had 4 volt pre outs, Bluetooth, and just as importantly a rear USB output. (I dont like having a USB sticking out of the dash. Mine is extended to the arm rest cubby hole.

The other one I was looking at, has recently dropped in price. A Kenwood 5057SD. It takes an SD car and has front and rear USB sockets. This will allow for charging whilst having a USB plugged into the rear, and also have SD slot. The only reason I did not ultimately go for the Kenwood, was a used Apline 178, 3 months old came up on eBay for less money and it had Bluetooth as a bonus.
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 22:37   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

or are you wishing to retain the Highline and add a USB to it?
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 23:27   #4
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

I think the Grom will let you do this. http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 08:09   #5
oldie
Loves to post

Connoisseur SE v8 auto '54

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
or are you wishing to retain the Highline and add a USB to it?
Yes.

I installed a Kenwood double-din sat-nav etc in my 05 Contemporary and like the usb facility. I also tried it out in the 03 tourer, however integration presented several problems regarding radio reception, amplification etc. So I fancy keeping the original high-line set-up but adding a usb facility.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote