Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th February 2020, 20:57   #1
peterh

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Bonnet opening safety catch lever problem

While the main bonnet catch on the driver's door pillar functions perfectly, it should release a plastic lever which swings out through the grille to make it easy to release the safety catch with a gentle pull. Unfortunately this has stopped happening, so while it's possible to release the bonnet by pushing on the safety catch with a screwdriver, it would be nice to have it working properly.
I've removed the grille and the plastic lever is in place, and can be moved to the correct position, but when I let go it just swings into to a vertically 'down' position. It could be that there should be a spring somewhere which has broken or fallen off but I can't see it - and don't know what I'm looking for!
On this occasion my trusty Haynes manual offers no help and doesn't mention the lever (though it's pictured in place coming horizontally through the grille as it should be when working, in the section on removing the safety catch completely).
Please can anyone offer any advice about what I need to do about this?
With many thanks in advance.
PH
P.S. If there should be a spring attached to the lever, please does anyone have a picture or drawing of what it looks like and how it fits - and any thoughts on sources? Thanks again!
(2002 Rover CDT Club SE)

Last edited by peterh; 7th February 2020 at 01:21.. Reason: Request for picture please
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote