Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2020, 23:15   #1
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

Default Morons in supermarket

Today in my local Morrison’s I parked next to the last disabled bay so that there was plenty of room for other cars and I wouldn’t get my doors dinged yet again. I came out to find the side of my rear bumper next to the disabled bay scraped and marked with black paint! How in gods name can you be so bad a driver to scrape your car down the bumper when there is a cross hatched area almost a meter across between the spaces? I really cannot fathom that level of incompetence.

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2020, 23:34   #2
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I know the feeling, a few months ago in Sainsburys car park I was left a present of a long scrape along the rear bumper gouging one of the reverse sensors.

Some people just don't care !!!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 07:15   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Some don't care, for other perhaps, they don't want the cost or hassle of making good your car.

More precautionary, don't park so close to the supermarket entrance, find a space as far from the entrance as you can. Your experience is why people like me sometimes take up two spaces, to push other cars away from my car.

Some think this is inconsiderate, but not me. I have considered what may happen if I park in one space. If I take 2 there will be other spaces free to use but for some that wont be the point, I've taken 2 and that will cause them to blow a fuse.

Saw something on TV where a chap took 2 spaces then interviewed people, most that said it was poor then fully understood the chaps reason when he explained that he was trying to prevent his car getting hit and it was as if they were no longer unhappy he took 2 spaces

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 07:27   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Last year I had taken my Jensen down to Sainsburys to get a few bits. When I returned a few mins later there was a lady unloading her car and she had rested her trolley against my car . When I asked her to move it she just said ''its only an old car so it doesn't matter'' . With an attitude like that no wonder so many cars get scraped.

Luckily the scratch polished out but I wonder what her insurance would have said if I had put a claim in?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 07:40   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Now if you buy a Yellow car then you attract the idiots like wasps around a honey pot. Last week I parked up in a large car park in Fowey. It was fairly empty but I parked far away. Came back to find the car park was still virtually empty except for a Red Corsa which was parked very close to my drivers door.

Sometime ago, again I parked in the corner of a supermarket car park. When I returned there was a huge 4x4 parked next to Banana and the woman driver had put her handbag on my bonnet whilst she loaded her shopping up into her wagon. The handbag had chains and key’s hanging off of it. I lifted it up carefully and gave the bag to the woman and asked why she had done it. Her reply was “but I always do that saves me bending. No one else has ever complained. I’ll report you for being so rude”. Needless to say but I heard no more.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 08:35   #6
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I've lost count of the times I have chosen a space in an almost empty car park, within seconds someone has parked next to me ignoring oodles, and oodles of empty spaces.
Is herding inbuilt into humans ? It must be.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 10:48   #7
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I drive a lot of miles each year and I'm reminded daily at the poor general quality of people's driving. I'm not going to single anyone out as its all age groups and both sexes. Everyone's at it!!!!
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 29+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 11:34   #8
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
I've lost count of the times I have chosen a space in an almost empty car park, within seconds someone has parked next to me ignoring oodles, and oodles of empty spaces.
Is herding inbuilt into humans ? It must be.
I've done a check and found our cars are made of 100% magnetic material so it's not their fault......just science at work
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 11:44   #9
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I always park at the furthest point from the entrance in supermarkets or retail parks, and take my worst car, which had a few tiny dings before I got it - Still a ZT though! It also has a tow bar ( not used by me), which fends off others when parallel parking!

I usually find it is older relatives or children in the rear of cars that do the most damage by just flinging doors open.

Perhaps I should just buy a modern europox (deliberately mis-typed), which I wouldn't care about so much - all my cars are over 12 years old and much loved.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 11:54   #10
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I know the feeling, a few months ago in Sainsburys car park I was left a present of a long scrape along the rear bumper gouging one of the reverse sensors.

Some people just don't care !!!
I often think it would have been so different if I had the removable towbar plugged in !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote