Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th February 2016, 18:54   #11
Elliott
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

DOH, just posted about this, was thinking of getting one of these for my 75, will watch with interest.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 18:09   #12
grteam
Avid contributor

75 Mk II CDTi Saloon ''Charlie Bravo Tango''

Also another spectator - any news?
Old 27th March 2016, 20:17   #13
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

Interested as well!

Rob
Old 27th March 2016, 22:24   #14
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
EDIT:
there's the diagram of that plug from bmw

I believe the black 10 pin plug will be a match for the 10 pin plug shown in this drawing (Showing pin 1=Data...) - The wires going to 17pin part of the plug must just be for power and maybe phone mute input) I don't think the match for this plug is there in the front console (but can't be sure). You'll have to match it into the cd changer cable. Or maybe you could change your installation location and install it in the boot next to the radio and connect it directly to the radio module. I've no idea if the plug will fit straight in place of the one connected into the radio. You'll just have to pull the radio unit to find out. There's an archive thread here the post from t_i_m list's the pinouts for the rover cd changer plug.

Hopefully that'll help you going forward.

Once the earths are all connected properly you'll hopefully be rid of any buzzy noises. On my installation the CD L/R signal grounds and power earth are all tied together and seem OK even at ear-splitting volume with no buzz in the silent parts. Still happy to take a look and see if able to help. You could always pop over to our meetup of the Northants Sausage & Spanners group if you like See the site here Sign up and come and join in!

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2016, 11:35   #15
Milo

Rover 75 SE

Thank you for the info. To be quite honest I was so busy that I had no time to work on it. At the moment I still have the device connected as mono with buzzing noise. But anyway I can play songs from my mobile, answer phone calls using steering wheel etc.
I will try to finish the job as soon as the weather will be nicer as I don't have the garage at the moment
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 19:34   #16
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

Would not like any buzzing noises, think there were a few posts on why this is happening and what can be done.

Have a connect2 to play with now, no need (yet?) for bluetooth.
Will start on a symphony version first (should be designed for it) and see if it works and what it can do.
Only after that will have a go at the highline equiped 75, which came with a number of leads as it had a standard 1-din headunit and now is a normal fully working highline.

Rob
Old 16th July 2016, 16:52   #17
adam75

Rover 75

Did you manage to get this working in the end?

I ordered one but the ebay seller contacted me saying that the unit would not be compatible with my model Highline system (which I think is exactly the same as the one in this thread). I am considering asking him for it anyway, as I am sure it can be fitted, it will just need some manual wiring.
adam75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 16:00   #18
Milo

Rover 75 SE

no, I tried to sort it today but failed. I couldn't find the wires with separate left and right channel and nothing helps with that buzzing noise interference from the engine running. So I suppose that the only solution could be to put in to the boot next to radio itself. But at the moment I quit
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2020, 18:43   #19
n00bzi11a

Rover 75 Tourer

Thumbs up

Grettings.

I stumbled upon this thread after buying the same bluetooth box and encoutered the same issues.

I tried to make my own wire harness but out of stupidity, labeled the wrong wires and now I'm stuck with the wiring for the box all messed up.

Does anyone has a photo of the 8pin white plug wiring so I can rebuild mine and hopefully manage to get the thing working?

Here is what I need: (ps: the wiring in this plug was put in random order)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nqY54uJgqpTbMhgx8

Best regards
n00bzi11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 17:43   #20
n00bzi11a

Rover 75 Tourer

Hy Guys.

I've managed to got the thing working with the Symphony Radio.

I Can confirm that you need to remove the radio, climate controls, switches bellow and the ashtray assembly.

The small plug that does not seem to connected to anything can be taken appart and the 4 wires (green, yellow, red and black) can be connected to 4 wires in the CD Changer as bellow:

red ->blk/pnk
yellow ->yel/blk
red -> pnk/blk
black -> blk yel

this way you get your stereo correctly and I have no engine noise buzzing or anything (runnig a 2.0 cdt)
n00bzi11a is offline   Reply With Quote