Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd November 2020, 09:00   #481
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE RULES AND HAVE THUS BENEFITED FROM LOW INFECTION RATES WHILST OTHERS HAVE IGNORED THE ADVICE AND ARE NOW DEALING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES

Quite. It is really that simple. PEOPLE spread the virus, it doesn't come down the phone line or up the drains. It is spread by people not following relatively simple advice. Distance/Sanitize/Mask. What really is simpler than that. The media and politicians have been far too lax on not stating that irresponsible behaviour is the cause. I haven't seen my granddaughter since August. My Grandson was born in June, haven't seen him at all. Yes its a pain but collectively the population need to get a grip and not look for excuses to ignore the advice.
Old 2nd November 2020, 09:05   #482
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

As I said earlier, don't trust anybody, be wary of all, look after yourselves and your own. Those who have not encountered the virus or it's effects will be ignorant of what others will consider stupidity.

We as a Nation voted people in to act on our behalf, and they would not intentionally endanger the people, but invoke guidance as suggested by the experts. They will still be blamed for errors either way, I am so thankful I don't have to make those decisions.
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:18   #483
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Things all look rather bleak, not helped perhaps by the nights drawing in - I don't like this time of year.
Clearly there are lots of views and opinions on things let's try and keep things measured, polite and civil.

Difficult times ahead for many - whatever your views on COVID, Politics, Brexit or whatever keep safe and as has been said before. Look after yourself and look after others.
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:21   #484
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE RULES AND HAVE THUS BENEFITED FROM LOW INFECTION RATES WHILST OTHERS HAVE IGNORED THE ADVICE AND ARE NOW DEALING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES

Quite. It is really that simple. PEOPLE spread the virus, it doesn't come down the phone line or up the drains. It is spread by people not following relatively simple advice. Distance/Sanitize/Mask. What really is simpler than that. The media and politicians have been far too lax on not stating that irresponsible behaviour is the cause. I haven't seen my granddaughter since August. My Grandson was born in June, haven't seen him at all. Yes its a pain but collectively the population need to get a grip and not look for excuses to ignore the advice.
This post really is the answer.---

Simple as said.---If the population had done this we wouldn't be in the down spiralling mess we are now in.

It's a fact however that some folk are BORN irresponsible and will remain that way for the whole of their lives.---
Old 2nd November 2020, 15:54   #485
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Anyone who has had to deal with the general public will know that you have to address at a level that the lowest common denominator can understand, or the message will not get through, or even if it does get through it may be misinterpreted. Many folks these days do not understand the word "No", as I found out when I went into teaching at the age of 43. "No" seems to mean maybe, later, or even Yes. It seemed to me that anything was up for negotiation by certain members of the society that I was in. It took a long while for them to understand that "No" meant "No"! Once that was established. Things started to work. Perhaps our society has become too easy and that may be why so many folks from other societies want to be here? Maybe it's time to reinforce "No" and "Stop" for the benefit of the whole population and not let the "Maybe" folks do as they please!
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:34   #486
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

The battle was lost when, as a society, we allowed familiarisation to creep in - for example calling teachers by their christian names, and children calling parents similarly. No respect for authority!
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:18   #487
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Anyone who has had to deal with the general public will know that you have to address at a level that the lowest common denominator can understand, or the message will not get through, or even if it does get through it may be misinterpreted. Many folks these days do not understand the word "No", as I found out when I went into teaching at the age of 43. "No" seems to mean maybe, later, or even Yes. It seemed to me that anything was up for negotiation by certain members of the society that I was in. It took a long while for them to understand that "No" meant "No"! Once that was established. Things started to work. Perhaps our society has become too easy and that may be why so many folks from other societies want to be here? Maybe it's time to reinforce "No" and "Stop" for the benefit of the whole population and not let the "Maybe" folks do as they please!
So true what you say about NO.

It's been that way for many years as well.

Before I retired I was a building site manager.

Usually parking on site was limited.

I had No Parking signs put up but found from time to time they were ignored.
I added -------YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU-------It turned out to be quite effective.

So many people just can't take NO for an answer.----

This smiley is so true.-------------They are seen walking, talking , smiling but the truth is nobodies home.
Old 2nd November 2020, 23:05   #488
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
Do they have the staff to maintain the Nightingale hospitals I wonder?

Having the infrastructure in place is one thing, operating it is quite another.

When it comes to decision making, there is a hospital local to me (Rake Lane) and about fifteen miles up the road (Wansbeck) that have had all of their critical care staff transferred a few years back to the Cramlington Northumbria Special Emergency Care Hospital (nsech).

What this done is left the other two hospitals with dozens of empty wards that used to cater for critical care patients.

Government then builds a Nightingale hospital 12 miles to the south of Rake Lane and thirty miles south of Wansbeck, one has to wonder why this was done with a huge amount of actual spare capacity locally, the cynic in me would surmise that the Nightingale Hospital North East was constructed merely as a publicity stunt, or even darker as a clearing house for the beyond hope Covid patients perhaps

The one thing I am certain of however, is the massive knee jerk reactions popularised at the moment are not the answer to this problem, nor is blindly following "the science" as there are many differing views as to the best route to follow in the bid to be seen as following the best damage limitation exercise, and there are respected epidemiologists that are ignored as they are not part of the inner circle.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven, and the amount of casualties of the mismanagement of the whole affair, both in physical, mental, and financial terms, will far outstrip the actual victims of the disease.

I don't normally get so emotive about a subject, but this particular curate's egg, boils my blood.

I’m
Alf
Sh yes Cramlington hospital, my mother was taken there in September with a UTI, she lives in Hexham and there is s hospital in Hexham capable of treating her, but she had to taken by paramedics to Cram, then next afternoon was transferred to Hexham. So much for things being processed quicker st NSECH, I arrived about 10 mins after her at 8.40 pm, didn’t get to see her until after midnight and didn’t leave the hospital until she was taken to the ward at 3.15 am.

Last edited by RPWC; 3rd November 2020 at 23:02.. Reason: Spelling
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:22   #489
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I had No Parking signs put up but found from time to time they were ignored.
I added -------YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU-------It turned out to be quite effective.

So many people just can't take NO for an answer.----
My wife works at a Doctors and apart from 6 parking slots for doctors and 3 slots for disabled patients there is no parking on site with plenty of signage. They are constantly having to tell other patients and people who use the car park to ''just pop into the CoOp for 10 mins'' too move. They are often abused with rude comments and gestures. Recently a couple were having there lunch in there car in the car park, when they were asked if they could move the practice manager was told to b****er off .

The best bit is there is a free car park less than a 5 minute walk away.
Old 4th November 2020, 09:19   #490
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I still believe that the intention is to bring the numbers affected by the virus to a manageable level, not stop it.

Stay safe and wary.

I realize that a lot of people are affected by an instruction to not do something, rather than the action/inaction itself.
Closed Thread