Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th November 2020, 09:28   #491
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

but now have a lockdown forced upon us by the stupidity of others.

And here lies the root cause of the problem. It would be helpful if politicians and / or the media would start producing headlines that very simple tell people to follow some simple rules. Mask/Sanitize/Distance. Ain't rocket science is it!
Old 4th November 2020, 10:11   #492
mbev51
Banned

Removed

It’s all those poor people in the north who are causing the problem!
Old 4th November 2020, 12:28   #493
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I live up north. Sometimes I shop in Co Op in Saltaire, lovely pleace. EVERYONE has a mask on. Then there East Bierley in Bradford. Shop there, NO ONE has a mask on. Drive home, taxi drivers with no masks on and passengers in the taxi, no masks on. Beggars belief sometimes
Old 4th November 2020, 13:28   #494
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Missing education and lack of personal responsibility is one cause
Old 4th November 2020, 16:03   #495
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Some kids get a second class education through no fault of their own.
Old 4th November 2020, 22:35   #496
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Beer round these parts costs around £3-£3.90 . Government needs to take responsibility,should have closed the ports and airports as soon as it was confirmed the first case in this country, stopped all foreign visitors quarantine all UK residents returning in a secure immigration centre for 2 weeks before allowing them home.Everyone should have been wearing masks from the start in all public places and the test kit contracts given to companies that are capable of producing them effectively rather than their posh mates companies,who haven't got the first idea.

Last edited by RPWC; 4th November 2020 at 22:37..
Old 5th November 2020, 11:40   #497
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Why not stop blaming joe public and start asking your gov't why they've run the NHS into the ground at every opportunity.
I think you are on the wrong path here. This government has not been responsible for spreading this virus (and perhaps never involved in spreading any).

It is people and their actions which spread airborne and contact viruses
Take the super spreader of Brighton (one of the one's responsible for bringing it into the UK) and the Bolton super spreader who on return from their holiday (where do they get all the money from) did not isolate/quarantine themselves and two days later became the focal point of the upsurge in cases.

The government has made some poor decisions(not counting those seen in hindsight), have given confusing messages and believed they could build a test and trace system from the very small number employed at the start of 2019 without realising that infrastructure is key. Amazon has announced they will purchase 100,000 electric vehicles. I doubt any will come from the UK because we don't have the infrastructure (the key).

Kev
Old 5th November 2020, 12:39   #498
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

I won't quote other responses to my last post here. I will say;

The NHS resource is aimed in many directions that may not be something that one person or another person agree with. personally I don't agree with the vomit buses on the surface of it. - but if you dig deeper you'll likely find that the cost of ambulance calls before their introduction was more expensive. I also don't agree with some other services provided by the NHS. I won't call them out here because the debate isn't about what the NHS spends resources on, but on the resource made available through funding from your and my taxes via central Gov't.

I'm fully happy to respect other people's boundaries on social distancing and mask wearing indoors in public access venues: that's simply being respectful of other people.

Tiered lockdowns, and restrictions so full of holes with every Tom, Dick and Harriet looking for a loophole for their own needs are far from as effective as they could be, rather like trying to bail out a sinking ship with a sieve. Sure it'll slow down the inevitable, but the 'inevitable' is, well, err, invetibable.

Very last point - and I'm sorry that there's more than three. But I think that it's important that I say that what I find most annoying amongst people is the need to finger point and name call, whatever your opinion might be, accusations and attempts at derogatory name calling are far from constructive. The gov't don't spread the virus, but the gov't is, nominally, in control of the country's response to the situation. That the response continues to be badly handled as I previously described should be what everyone is discussing.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 5th November 2020, 13:02   #499
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Beer round these parts costs around £3-£3.90 . Government needs to take responsibility,should have closed the ports and airports as soon as it was confirmed the first case in this country, stopped all foreign visitors quarantine all UK residents returning in a secure immigration centre for 2 weeks before allowing them home.Everyone should have been wearing masks from the start in all public places and the test kit contracts given to companies that are capable of producing them effectively rather than their posh mates companies,who haven't got the first idea.
Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. Without the base building blocks it cannot work, especially as you will only be left with the dimwits (sociology 3rds) to be working on the projects.

Kev
Old 5th November 2020, 13:22   #500
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Those from the south west in Cornwall should consider the main reason for this lock down. It is to protect the NHS and the services it gives to all of us. Up north we have better facilities i.e. more hospitals and yes they are filling up and non urgent and risky procedures in some hospitals are being cancelled. Cornwall has one hospital for the whole county in Truro. My daughter works in that hospital where because she is a northerner receives racist abuse on the wards from some locals and is told to go back to where she belongs and is not wanted down there. This hospital is working at near full capacity and Covid cases and admission are rising regardless of your good efforts at curbing its spread just like those in the north. The local infrastructure of small local "cottage" hospitals is not suitable for taking the over capacity for serious cases and treating the epidemic and will soon be in a dire position if admissions are not reduced, the same as the rest of the country. So it needs the same protection the rest of the countries hospitals require.

My daughter has told me that we in the north get a better service in our hospitals than they are capable of giving in Cornwall so it really needs the protection this lock down is hoping to achieve.
Closed Thread