Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2020, 13:16   #501
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote...

but the gov't is, nominally, in control of the country's response to the situation

The People are in control I'm afraid. People spread the virus through not following simple rules and being irresponsible.
Old 5th November 2020, 13:25   #502
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Quote...

but the gov't is, nominally, in control of the country's response to the situation

The People are in control I'm afraid. People spread the virus through not following simple rules and being irresponsible.

Yes, the people elect the gov't - the gov't makes decisions and statutes. It's the democratic process. But you are absolutely correct 'control' or 'law' is only effective when there is a sufficient level of compliance and agreement to make 'punishment' for non-compliance acceptable. While the message may be simple (and deity save us from the rigidly adhered to rule of threes). The rules as given are complex and full of holes which everyone, absolutely everyone, is looking for an angle to justify their own actions by. From outright defiance in defence of liberty to just trying to get something done to make their lives more comfortable and easier. (perhaps you missed that i said 'nominally in control'?)

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 5th November 2020, 14:00   #503
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Yes, the people elect the gov't - the gov't makes decisions and statutes. It's the democratic process. But you are absolutely correct 'control' or 'law' is only effective when there is a sufficient level of compliance and agreement to make 'punishment' for non-compliance acceptable. While the message may be simple (and deity save us from the rigidly adhered to rule of threes). The rules as given are complex and full of holes which everyone, absolutely everyone, is looking for an angle to justify their own actions by. From outright defiance in defence of liberty to just trying to get something done to make their lives more comfortable and easier. (perhaps you missed that i said 'nominally in control'?)
My point is rather simple.
People spread the virus
Mask, sanitize, distance
End of

Last edited by Nick Greg; 5th November 2020 at 14:23..
Old 6th November 2020, 14:30   #504
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
My point is rather simple.
People spread the virus
Mask, sanitize, distance
End of

And on Tuesday I was in the (mostly open plan) office for 3 hours along with 24 others (nearly 3/4 of our office staff! no masks required. (plenty of sanitiser etc). All this in a building with forced heating/cooling ventilation shared amongst a dozen other companies offices - and not HEPA filtered.

The virus spreads regardless, slowing is possible. The most effective method to do that is to avoid people. I already do, most of them I don't like to start with. My mum taught me to wash my hands when I come in from outdoors, after using the loo, and before meals. I wear a mask in shops and busy places as is required.

It's the stupidly complex and numerous 'rules' loopholes, and people's natural urge to exploit them that are the issue. And that confusion is caused by poor leadership.

So don't try preaching at me. I 'get it' - Sometimes I wonder if people are determinedly and deliberately obtuse, or just a stuck record with nothing else to contribute.

P.S. Writing 'End of' doesn't make it so.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 6th November 2020, 22:31   #505
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Quote:
Mask, sanitize, distance
I'm interested to know if you think this is the way forward & the 'new normal'?

There's absolutely no conclusive proof that muzzles do anything, apart from the fact that your breathing in your own c**p & look at Asian countries whose population has been wearing them everywhere for decades (by choice). wearing them certainly didn't help them this time around!

I've said for many years that as a society, we're all too 'clean' & therefore our immune systems are not what they used to be.

With regards to distancing, how does it make you feel when someone takes a wide birth or crosses the road when they see you approaching?
It isn't 'normal' when a person wants to keep their distance from you & we can all 'hide' from this virus & delay its effects but it won't go away & we have to learn to live with it just as we have done historically with other viruses.

It doesn't help when we have a government & their advisors that lies though its back teeth & uses scaremongering tactics like they have done & still are, while using the mainstream media to help them spread the word!

The NHS was not overwhelmed during or after the first 'wave' & they certainly aren't now, especially around here. I know several people who work in hospitals & they have all said that it's not like we're being told.

The only way I can see out of this is to let people mix (without distancing), wear a muzzle by choice (if it makes you feel safer), vulnerable people & those undergoing treatment for cancer etc avoid crowded places & of course if a person is not feeling well, stay at home or away from people (but that's just common sense).
Let the immune system build up to fight it.

The alternative is that we could be in this situation for years to come & even as it stands right now, the damage to people's health & the economy because of the restrictions is far outweighing the damage caused by this virus & pretty soon, there will be nothing to go back to!!!

Last edited by mh007; 6th November 2020 at 22:45..
Old 6th November 2020, 22:42   #506
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

Interesting that mink are now being slaughtered all over the world because of the discovery of widespread outbreaks of Covid-19 in mink farms. It begs the question, how was the virus transmitted to them and so widely?
Old 6th November 2020, 23:53   #507
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

On the question of masks there's a few very recent studies that show they can cause an increase in bacterial pneumonia especially when cloth masks are used. Something I've been saying all along

All playing out how I thought it would, knew we were going to be locked down again round about the end of October at the beginning of September.

We'll be locked down until Spring with maybe a couple of weeks off over Christmas (if we're lucky). Boris said as much at the briefing the other day, when he said things would be better by that time.
Hence the continuation of the furlough scheme until March.
Just in time for a Vaccine to become widely available.

In the meantime the new mass testing in Liverpool will again be used to create more fear.
But of course it'll be all our fault that the numbers are so high and maybe why we may be locked down over Christmas

Be interesting to see how it pans out

Russ

P.S The Mink situation in Denmark and the new mutated strain of Cov may mean that a Vaccine may not be effective. We'll have to wait for the research on that to see if it's a more contagious or more deadly strain.

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Old 7th November 2020, 03:33   #508
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

We are being led by a determined bunch of NWO Marxists trying to take over power on all fronts.
News media coverage is cleverly implicit in covering events and brainwashing us into believing things we can see is and touch is not really what we see, but something completely different. They deceive us into doubting our own senses.
That goes with this fake pandemic, destroying lives, livelihoods and futures as if we were facing the Black death, and it plays out making the world believe that a senile old liar, that cannot gather enough people to man a football team at his rallies, beats a president that can, and does, rally enough supporters to man an army!
Orwell's worst nightmares are playing out, right in front of our eyes, and people generally don't have enough wits left to do any thinking.
It is a shocking state of affairs.

And it will end in an absolute disaster if we don't wake up.
Old 7th November 2020, 08:35   #509
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
We are being led by a determined bunch of NWO Marxists trying to take over power on all fronts.
News media coverage is cleverly implicit in covering events and brainwashing us into believing things we can see is and touch is not really what we see, but something completely different. They deceive us into doubting our own senses.
That goes with this fake pandemic, destroying lives, livelihoods and futures as if we were facing the Black Death, and it plays out making the world believe that a senile old liar, that cannot gather enough people to man a football team at his rallies, beats a president that can, and does, rally enough supporters to man an army!
Orwell's worst nightmares are playing out, right in front of our eyes, and people generally don't have enough wits left to do any thinking.
It is a shocking state of affairs.

And it will end in an absolute disaster if we don't wake up.
Hope you are well Mr K

Can you suggest how people wake up, what are your steps for avoiding disaster?

For our connecting flight in Addis Airport, airline staff asked to see our negative Covid result certificates, proof of travel insurance and Kenyan residency. We both have UK passports and had we flown in from the UK, we would not have been allowed to board the flight to Cape Town. The flight was under half full and as everyone boarded, each passenger received a bottle of sanitizer. Every passenger had the wear a face mask. Upon arriving in CPT, we had to undergo the same scrutiny as in Addis. To be honest it was no big deal and immigration staff we’re welcoming and happy to us.

How sad it was to see the arrivals hall in Cape Town was almost deserted, except for a handful of passengers going through.

Yesterday, I received an email from HM government advising against travel to the UK, unless it’s for work or education.

Car talk: I found in a cupboard at the farm house, a sealed box of Pagid brake pads: Rover 75 T1197

A Continental drive belt: Conti-6PK2370

A Rover 75 saloon boot lid handle and a separate Rover 75 badge, a Rover leather wallet for the service and log book - looked new.

I wonder if they are for you?

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 7th November 2020 at 08:43..
Old 7th November 2020, 12:26   #510
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post

The NHS was not overwhelmed during or after the first 'wave' & they certainly aren't now, especially around here. I know several people who work in hospitals & they have all said that it's not like we're being told.
Depends where you live. Our hospitals have more Covid patients than at the first peak and many other areas are in the same situation. Non urgent and cancer treatments are being cancelled and our local hospitals are now struggling.

You are fortunate now but in a couple of weeks when those currently infected deteriorate and need hospitalization you may see a very different situation. And avaoiding this is what the lock down is all about.
Closed Thread