Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th November 2020, 20:21   #521
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
I'm so angry right now I just have to let off steam.

My wife Marina was told she was on call for the nursing home this weekend, no extra pay just be there to answer the company phone should it ring and advise the nurse at work at the nursing home what should be done if they are unsure.
Sure enough Sun night the phone rings, one of the residents was not expected to last the night, so in line with policy, relatives were allowed to come in.

The two daughters were upset and asked if they could stay the night so their mother would not die alone, The nurse working rang again to ask my wife if they could. On compassionate grounds it was deemed appropriate. the room is en-suite and other appropriate measures are in place.

Today the resident is still clinging on but not expected to see another sunrise and understandingly the daughters don't want their mom to be alone.

Head office have been informed and have now decided that the visiting time limit of 1 hour must be observed. They have told the daughters they have to leave, they have refused.

The company have now called the police to forcibly remove the daughters, they are waiting for them to arrive and my wife who allowed them to stay overnight is to be subject of an investigation.

What a state of affairs when they force somebody to die alone

It would appear the virus knows if you have been around over a hour.
I totally identify with your anger. Your wife was compassionate and did the right thing in my book. No doubt management are paranoid about 'the rules' in case they get sued by another party. I can't see any risk here to others but am happy to be enlightened. To play devil's advocate, there is the highly unlikely worst case scenario of the two sisters shedding Covid 19 which could filter to other parts of the home. Simple fix. Install the appropriate mobile Covid killer/ air sterilising machine in the room while the guests are in that room and they can stay as long as they need to. There is no logical reason in my book for their mum to die alone. It's cruel and unnecessary, just deploy the necessary tech to fix the issue.
Old 9th November 2020, 21:08   #522
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Wife has just returned home, supposed to finish at 8pm. She looks shocking. Due to having to write statement after statement on the issue she couldn't leave until she had administered the residents with their evening medication.

As for the situation, the family called the local authority who work with CQC. The local authority contacted CQC who contacted the Priory main office and suddenly the police were stood down. The two daughters are allowed to stay ( the daughters are in their 70's by the way)

What makes this whole situation worse is that late last week after lockdown a family wanted to visit and were told that unless the resident was obviously slipping away then no visitors allowed. They complained to their MP and were then allowed to visit, head office asked staff not to publicise the fact as they didn't want everyone to know.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 9th November 2020 at 21:12..
Old 9th November 2020, 21:22   #523
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

I agree this is what was said:

"To commit to one 's thoughts from men, nor by some charm to any one who is the reader of the contents of the law to arrange them or, in letters of the leisure of a man is, and It is an outrageous misuse of"

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
Old 9th November 2020, 21:48   #524
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

What do folk reckon to today's announcement of a vaccine with a 90% efficacy? without any references using derogatory terminology would be appreciated.

Alf
Old 10th November 2020, 07:19   #525
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
Good for you Clive, I believe I am in awe of the aurora surrounding yourself too

That's what you get for being a people person I suppose

Anyway joking aside, what do you reckon to today's announcement of a vaccine with a 90% efficacy? without any references using derogatory terminology would be appreciated.

Alf
It is very encouraging. Let's hope for continued good news on this. Mr. Hancock this morning has outlined a positive response with those vulnerable and/or the healthcare workers being the priority.

I have never seen such enthusiasm, caution will be needed in the proving.
Old 10th November 2020, 10:02   #526
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Don't get too giddy about the Pfizer vaccine it needs to be stored and transported in dry ice. That's going to make it more difficult to be able to use it in the likes of mobile vaccination units and a lot of other settings

Apparently according to Pfizer's own documents the special suitcases required to store the vaccine can only be opened for 1 minute at a time and no more than twice a day otherwise the genetic material in the vaccine may be damaged.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.

Last edited by BigRuss; 10th November 2020 at 10:08..
Old 10th November 2020, 20:36   #527
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

All over Europe countries are tightening their borders, I believe even the Welsh have ideas about restricting arrivals from England.

I read that the UK government are considering supplementing the regular authorities with military personnel when it’s time to roll out the vaccine. Will this be reported by Reuter’s as “military forces deployed in British cities”?

Sure cases are rising here, as they are everywhere, but thankfully we have a non-panic merchant in charge, someone who doesn’t believe in lockdowns or even muzzles. Life for the vast majority continues in a somewhat proactive form without the protests that now seem commonplace elsewhere in Europe including London.

Regards
Old 11th November 2020, 06:27   #528
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

has there been any mention of the price that will be charged for the vaccine?

macafee2
Old 11th November 2020, 13:44   #529
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Coronapanic

Fear rules. Any criticism of measures being taken produces reams of hate mail, sneering and ridicule – where have we seen that before? A wider and sceptical attitude would benefit but everybody ‘knows’ better. For instance, from today’s papers giving a Q/A session:

The vaccine consists of two jabs, three weeks between them. Patients will have to stay for 15 minutes afterwards to make sure there are no immediate side-effects. What? So they aren’t convinced it is safe? I suppose an hour after the jab you are on your own with an unknown little messenger in you. Good luck with that.

One of the several ‘unknowns’ about the vaccine is how long it will be effective. Experts believe it will last at least a few months, but aren’t sure or whether a repeat dose will be needed every year. Or even more frequently. Or if at all. Get any sudden feelings creeping in? Try this:

Efficacy is not clear. That will only become apparent after the full data is published! So, again, they don’t know. Other allegedly preventative vaccines against similar virus epidemics only have limited efficacy with older victims because of age-related conditions. There are also doubts about to what degree it can make an elderly immune system spark into life. That’s for patients in the most susceptible range! Still happy?

They are ‘not sure’ if the vaccine simply stops people developing symptoms or whether it stops patients contracting the virus in the first place! Or if it stops transferring it to other victims! These and other issues will not become clear for some months after roll-out. Rather a lot of ‘Don’t knows’ and ‘Not sures’ in there.

When the cabinet lines up in public for their injection, and the dosage is independently confirmed, I might sit up and take notice. Conveniently, those imposing this vaccine will be out of danger and will bear no responsibility for effects.

When our first daughter was expected, the Thalidomide outbreak was about to start. It was only as a result of my refusal to allow the inoculation that saved us from a disaster. There will be no chances taken with this family’s health, especially with these oafs in charge.
Old 11th November 2020, 14:38   #530
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Patients will have to stay for 15 minutes afterwards to make sure there are no immediate side-effects. What? So they aren’t convinced it is safe?

To be fair I have always been asked to do that after a flu jab so I personally don't find that a problem.
Closed Thread