Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th November 2020, 19:39   #12131
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Nod bad for 253k on the clock, might have to treat the old bus now
Old 15th November 2020, 08:19   #12132
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
It’s shocking that this type of damage is so frequent now and we’re all just supposed to put up with it. Never used to be this bad although I remember when luxury cars had 13” wheels...
If there are any app developers out there how about this: make an app that can detect the shock of a pothole (should be easy) and GPS tag it for claim purposes? I’m no good with apps but I’d use one that did that.
I live in West Berks but I always know when I’m in Oxfordshire on my commute, as my fillings begin to quiver. There’s even a new slip road on the A34 with a massive yump just as you get up to speed. In fact thinking about it, that app would use a lot of memory with all the holes I dodge every day, the Botley Road is like a war zone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As many know I live in Johnstone up in Scotland 5 miles from Glasgow Airport the Linwood Bypass when it was built came with a Yump on the west bound carrageway, I can remember watching my mother driving my Midget make it take to the sky with all four wheels off the ground after about three years they fixed the problem. Sadly within the passed 4 months they have resurfaced the east bound carrageway and have managed to make another Yump, This time they have just put a beware of the bumpy road sign up. Can't believe that in 2020 they cant lay a flat piece of tarmac.
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 19:35   #12133
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Today I...

Over the last few days I've had time on the ZT, the time has come to get all of that new stuff on it and give it a repaint. In my youth I've had loud cars and loved the sound of a booming exhaust or screaming engine note, these days I want power and a quiet cabin. I've removed the dash and all the stuff on the bulkhead to fit soundproofing, I'm also coating the tunnel so that the exhaust sound will be quieter, I'm halfway through as of this afternoon and will post a picture tomorrow. It's not an easy job but it will be a very rewarding one and, I'll have the quietest ZT to boot, please excuse the slight blur on the picture as I moved when I took it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201117_150627 - Copy.jpg (83.6 KB, 33 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 19:45   #12134
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,had to do one of my least favourite jobs,replaced nsf wishbone with the rear bush due to a clonking lower ball joint and the MOT.Checked the manufacturing date stamp on the casting on removal and it was made I'm 2001 so presumably the original and lasted over 19 years, probably why it put up such a fight overall several days before it decided to leave the premises!Regards Ry.....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2020, 20:52   #12135
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Hi,had to do one of my least favourite jobs,replaced nsf wishbone with the rear bush due to a clonking lower ball joint and the MOT.Checked the manufacturing date stamp on the casting on removal and it was made I'm 2001 so presumably the original and lasted over 19 years, probably why it put up such a fight overall several days before it decided to leave the premises!Regards Ry.....

They can be stubborn sometimes, I bet the replacement wont last as long as the original though.
Old 18th November 2020, 17:10   #12136
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Evening all,

Not a job a done today, rather Monday. The drivers side indicator wasn't working on my tow bar & the fuel cap wasn't locking. Both have been like that for some time. I finally got round to addressing both issues.
Both problems were due to dirty contacts. I used electrical contact cleaner & disconnected/reconnected the terminals several times. I'm quite pleased that both have been resolved, the hardest part was the removal/refitting of the trim!
It's just annoying that the tow bar connections were on the passengers side while the fuel cap solenoid(?) is on the drivers side, obviously!

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 19:44   #12137
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Soundproofed the ZT.

I've been on the ZT soundproofing for a couple of days between jobs, I've done the bulkhead and tunnel and I hope it makes a big difference to the cabin noise. I've made some other slight changes that some might spot in my next upload in a few days..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201118_113341 - Copy.jpg (115.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20201118_113350 - Copy.jpg (136.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20201118_113358 - Copy.jpg (129.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 18th November 2020, 19:54   #12138
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I've been on the ZT soundproofing for a couple of days between jobs, I've done the bulkhead and tunnel and I hope it makes a big difference to the cabin noise. I've made some other slight changes that some might spot in my next upload in a few days..

That looks smart Mike, can I ask the name of the product you are using on the dashboard please?

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 19:59   #12139
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default It's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
That looks smart Mike, can I ask the name of the product you are using on the dashboard please?

Alf
It's a Tetrosyl product, a box of ten sheets was £25, they are 20cm by 50cm and stick very well. I hope the noise reduction is worth the effort.
Old 18th November 2020, 20:32   #12140
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Cheers Mike, something like this then?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/29314490985...evt=1&mkcid=28

I'm thinking about taking out the manual A/C in my car and fitting climate in it's place, so it makes sense to do it while the car is stripped out like yours.
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote