Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2020, 18:11   #1
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts
Default Xtrons IN series unit - DAB doesn't connect

Hi all.

Getting very fed up now.

I've an Xtrons Double Din unit supplied by the excellent Jubbarelly.

I've been trying to add DAB without success.

The manual says:

"With use of a DAB dongle (sold separately), DAB+ (Digital audio broadcasting) tuner lets you enjoy the convenience of digital radio, while Auto DAB+ Tuning makes sure there are less signal interruptions. DAB+ digital radio brings you high- detail, digital-quality sound with lots of stations, program information and more."

I've bought a Kinetic DRA­6005 roof mounted aeriel from dabonwheels.co.uk and they have been brilliant. FM reception is way better than standard and I've a solid GPS signal.

I've a Xtrons DABUSB01 dongle, connected to the dedicated DAB feed from the aeriel and plugged into the USB input on the back of the unit.

Nothing, zilch. I've tried all 4 of the USB inputs and nothing.

I've tried my flash drive with many, many MP3's on it in each of the 4 USB inputs the unit recognises the stick and plays it whichever one it's plugged into

The File Manager app finds the flash drive in whichever USB input it's plugged into but there's nothing when the DAB is plugged in.

I've bought another DAB unit to try - this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352913930863

This should be plug and play (with the appropriate aeriel adapters) but again, nothing. No connection, nothing in File Manager etc. nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if the main unit needs some sort of "activation" to accept the DAB signal but everything I've read suggests plug and play.

All in all really frustrating as the unit itself is great with a lovely sound and the reversing camera is very useful.

Any ideas gratefully received.

PS Just though that the only thing I haven’t tried is swapping the aeriel connection over to the "windscreen" one so I'll give that a go tomorrow although I'll be surprised - and sort of happy 'cus the aeriel supposed to be top of the range - if it's that simple.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 27th November 2020 at 18:43..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2020, 19:36   #2
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Not sure about xtrons but with my navall2 you have to go in to factory settings to enable the dab function . You'll need the factory access code .

Or PM jubberbelly i think hes still on the forum so may pock it up.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2020, 13:11   #3
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Or as discussed briefly when we met, if you don't get it sorted download a radio app or even BBC I player with radio and get DAB radio by another and cheaper method with crystal clear reception by connecting your mobile phone as a hot-spot
It doesn't use much data either.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 28th November 2020 at 14:04..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 17:31   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Solved .

With a DAB+ receiver connected there's an app that needs installing. Why it isn't installed by default if it's needed to access DAB+ I have no idea.

In the pre loaded "Apps" there's one called "APK Installer"

When you click on this and then install it - hey presto DAB+ works and puts an icon onto the screen.

Shame that there's absolutely nothing on the Xtrons web site to tell anyone that.

I discovered it by accident while trawling through and it came up in a You Tube video about a Navall unit .

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote