Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd August 2019, 17:17   #31
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Even when wired correctly FBHs often get spurious signals and either fire up or at least try to, that is an issue with the K bus which is why advice is often to cut that wire(pin 2) which is only needed for diagnostics, so not surprising that if this one is not wired correctly it starts up, get to the next nano on the Saturday if you can as myself and Steve will definitely be there but cant guarantee on Sunday

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:50   #32
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Even when wired correctly FBHs often get spurious signals and either fire up or at least try to, that is an issue with the K bus which is why advice is often to cut that wire(pin 2) which is only needed for diagnostics, so not surprising that if this one is not wired correctly it starts up, get to the next nano on the Saturday if you can as myself and Steve will definitely be there but cant guarantee on Sunday
My suggestion would be to always cut it, but keep it available to reconnect for diagnostic purposes. T4 will be aware of the FBH, if one has ever been connected and pause its diagnostics, if the FBH doesn't respond.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 10:43   #33
alan.timms
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

UPDATE!
I found the electrician who wired up the Webasto in the first place! He said the cable from the extra cigarette lighter socket that feeds the SatNav had been damaged when it was pushed behind the door trim and looked to be melted inside the outer casing. The Webasto illuminated switch was taking power from the lighter socket, and this was causing the low voltage feed that made the light glow and the Webasto to periodically trigger. . . .
If you guys are willing to give the car a good "once-over" I think I'll still take up the invitation to the "workshop" session in Brum.
alan.timms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 14:36   #34
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.timms View Post
UPDATE!
I found the electrician who wired up the Webasto in the first place! He said the cable from the extra cigarette lighter socket that feeds the SatNav had been damaged when it was pushed behind the door trim and looked to be melted inside the outer casing. The Webasto illuminated switch was taking power from the lighter socket, and this was causing the low voltage feed that made the light glow and the Webasto to periodically trigger. . . .
If you guys are willing to give the car a good "once-over" I think I'll still take up the invitation to the "workshop" session in Brum.
Yes get there on Saturday and we will sort out the FBH

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2019, 23:01   #35
alan.timms
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

He swapped out the damaged cable and all now works, thanks, but I'll still try to come over to see if there's anything else you guys can find that need doing. Can you give me a post code please?
alan.timms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2019, 08:03   #36
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.timms View Post
He swapped out the damaged cable and all now works, thanks, but I'll still try to come over to see if there's anything else you guys can find that need doing. Can you give me a post code please?
Here you go click the link below.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/venues.html

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 20:00   #37
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Alan. Don’t know which way you may come to the nano, but if you get on the M6 as soon as you can, keep on it until you get to the M54 just the other side Walsall. Take M54 upto second junction signposted A449 for Stafford. Down to traffic lights and keep in right hand lane to go round island underneath the M54.Take A449 for a few miles and you will see the Four Ashes pub on the right hand side at the traffic lights. We are round the back of the pub. You will be very welcome.