Notices

Old 20th September 2015, 09:01   #85061
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Due to his age tend to get a bit paranoid when he's off colour.
Have you checked his gums for paleness and the White of his eyes for yellowing?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 09:08   #85062
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Next Wednesday will be the busy day, it's the day the LED tail lights arrive and we have to get them all dispatched to their new homes

The Sunday after that I don't have a customer booked and I think I'll keep it that way and have a day off for a change
Good morning Jeff, I am glad to see you are planning to have a proper day off from helping people out and doing the installations. Catch you later
Old 20th September 2015, 09:11   #85063
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Julien, I was so relieved to have a clean MOT and no advisories. I checked the oil yesterday and it was showing half full. Ed and Andy joined us for lunch and we had a good laugh about everything including the idiot who went off on one lol Andy knows about the oil and blue smoke on start off. He says he thinks it is the valve seals. He is going to do a front door button at Ruislip as it is warped and sometimes jams up. The seals, I am not sure when. It is not a train smash, as the car drives beautifully without any smoke

How are you both?
Morning Phil, the valve stem seals are a pita but if it's driving fine then it's a job for another day then How are Jessica and yourself today sir? All holding up well I hope
Old 20th September 2015, 09:12   #85064
barney bear
This is my second home

Afternoon Stu, are you working today? Is that why you were in so early this morning
Old 20th September 2015, 09:12   #85065
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Busy busy busy, keep that Sunday for yourself mate, have a nice relaxing day just lolling about
Good morning Tony, how is everyone up norf? A humiliating defeat for the South Africans, but they took it well.
Old 20th September 2015, 09:16   #85066
barney bear
This is my second home

Quote:
Good morning Tony, how is everyone up norf? A humiliating defeat for the South Africans, but they took it well.
We are all fine thanks Phil, the kids are at Grandma's, the dogs are asleep on the couch and we have had a sleep in today Shortly we will be going to wigan for a monstrous roast dinner

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the rugby unfortunately Every time I sit down to watch it I'm needed immediately elsewhere
Old 20th September 2015, 09:25   #85067
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Morning Phil, the valve stem seals are a pita but if it's driving fine then it's a job for another day then How are Jessica and yourself today sir? All holding up well I hope
Cheers Tony you are right. I have had the blue smoke since last year and Andy is a brilliant mechanic to do the work, so am guided by his advice. He is thinking about it. 2 approaches to doing the job, one of them being to take the head off I gather. We are carrying on as before. The feet are the proper colour and temp, except they hurt like hell, but I have to just get on with it...the walking lol

LJW is coming up to a birthday soon. It was built on October 2nd 1998.....one day before OVP ...of which we don't hear much about
Old 20th September 2015, 09:45   #85068
barney bear
This is my second home

Quote:
Cheers Tony you are right. I have had the blue smoke since last year and Andy is a brilliant mechanic to do the work, so am guided by his advice. He is thinking about it. 2 approaches to doing the job, one of them being to take the head off I gather. We are carrying on as before. The feet are the proper colour and temp, except they hurt like hell, but I have to just get on with it...the walking lol

LJW is coming up to a birthday soon. It was built on October 2nd 1998.....one day before OVP ...of which we don't hear much about
What are you buying LJW for her birthday Ive only ever taken the head off when doing the valve seals, not a job I like doing at all. I believe Andy is a great mechanic though so he'll get it done when it needs it, I suppose you could get it done next time the belts are due for a change, that would saw some expense
Old 20th September 2015, 10:39   #85069
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
What are you buying LJW for her birthday Ive only ever taken the head off when doing the valve seals, not a job I like doing at all. I believe Andy is a great mechanic though so he'll get it done when it needs it, I suppose you could get it done next time the belts are due for a change, that would saw some expense
LJW has done 90,400 miles and had all of the belts changed at 70,000 miles in 2010. I suppose it would be not too hard on the wallet to change the timing belt again a big job I have been putting off. Tony, I am on the lookout for the new seals for the rear cluster lights. A treat
Old 20th September 2015, 12:32   #85070
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
LJW has done 90,400 miles and had all of the belts changed at 70,000 miles in 2010. I suppose it would be not too hard on the wallet to change the timing belt again a big job I have been putting off. Tony, I am on the lookout for the new seals for the rear cluster lights. A treat
Hi Phil,

Have sent you a PM