Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th March 2017, 00:01   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Why I don't trust traffic cops

Ahhh I hate them! Don't know about anyone else but they think they're untouchable round here. So many times now I've had them blast past me at 80mph or more, seen them lane hogging, undertaking, even seen them flash their blues and twos just to get through a red light on one occasion and see them turn them back off on the other side.

A few months back on the way to visit the girlfriend I had one that was obviously eager to clock out of his shift as the police station was in the same direction I was travelling in, had him follow me for miles inches away from my bumper down 30mph resident streets. This was at night but lucky for me I spotted it was a police car as usually I'd think "what the hell are you doing", and put my foot down just to clear a gap...but then guess who'd be pulling me over. When we came to a set of traffic lights he was turning left (which was green) and I was going straight on (which was red), so I stop and I see him turn left and blast it down the road foot hard down well exceeding the 30mph limit in an area where there's houses everywhere I've had them drive excessively close to my rear bumper on many occasions now. Round here they do that on purpose at night to see if you'll put your foot down so they can pull you over, as it's not always easy to spot it's a police vehicle behind you especially when they're so close all you can see are two bright headlights in your mirrors.

Well tonight's incident really has had me wound up. Heading home at 11;30pm doing down the A13 which is a dual carriage way round my way and I was going down the 3 lane section. Spotted the police car from a mile off. He's going in the 1st lane and I'm in the 2nd going quick than him (still at 70mph) so I'm coming up to overtake him. In front of him is a lorry so I'm thinking is he going to move over? Well he doesn't and there's a exit slip road coming up on his left so I think well maybe he's exiting there hence why not overtaking the lorry. Well I get right up to him in the 2nd lane about 1 car distance away behind him and he just changes lanes straight in front of me making me slow down. I'm like what the hell?

I'm still going to go past him so I change into the 3rd lane and am now slowly passing him. He's decided to speed up so it's taking a while for me to pass and he's long passed the lorry with the 1st lane now empty till the end of the earth so now he's lane hogging. As I get 3/4 way past him he decides to speed up and comes up next to me, so now he's undertaking. I look across and he's staring at me, obviously got a problem because I've dared to overtake his royal above the law back side whilst all the other cars stayed half a mile back not daring to pass. So I look at him and go "what?", like what's your problem. So he puts his foot down (baring in mind I'm already doing 70 so he's well exceeding it now) and undertakes me and then cuts in front of me AGAIN! for no reason what so ever, there are no cars in the 1st and 2nd lanes!

So now he's lane hogging in the third lane, speeding after cutting me up with no other cars ahead of us as far as you can see. Total scum.

I so wish I had a dash cam, need a front and rear one for moments like this. Blatantly had a serious problem because I'm not scared to overtake him. In the space of 2 mins driving, he cut me up twice, undertook me, was speeding and lane hogging. Now if I did that and he spotted it guess what the result would be!

absolutely hate them, can't be trusted at all.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote