Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th April 2019, 20:04   #1
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Default Steering Wheel (MG vs Rover)

How'do folks

I needed to change my Steering Wheel/Airbag - as one of the Airbag to Wheel securing Bolts had sheared.

I had a ZT wheel fitted which was also looking a bit tired, so started looking for ideally a brand new unused item - I do like the perforated leather of the ZT Wheel, not so much when it gets worn and shiny...

I did find a Black Leather 75 Steering Wheel in not too bad used condition

and a mk1 Airbag - which I sprayed with a peelcoat paint

to my eye the colour and sheen of the peelcoat match the interior vinyl perfectly it's a temporary finish but it lasts well and is easily redone if needs be - I had the last Airbag i done on the Car for a while with no issue

Going back to the 75 Steering Wheel after the ZT Wheel was a bit strange at first - after a couple or few miles however I like it much better - the Finger Grooves/Scallops whatever they be.... give much better grip and control especially on the windy country roads where a hand may be required to change a gear or dim full beams mid corner

a combo of the 2 wheels may be the ideal - a bit more grip circumference like the ZT wheel, finger Grooves/Scallops whatever... and maybe a combo of Perforated and Textured Leather ? there is a company a couple of minutes walk from me that does some Good restoration work such as re-trimming Steering Wheels.... I may consider having a wheel done in time

I'm Happy with this one for now

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote