Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th April 2019, 15:35   #1
jim lee
Regular poster

Rover75

Default Coolant Hoses

As my car, a CDTi Auto, is now over 15 years old, I have been looking at the availability of coolant hoses. This is largely because I have had experience of old hoses failing on other (non-Rover) cars.

Looking on e-Bay I have found mainly second hand items which are as old, or older, as those on my own car. Most of these are also listed with rather high prices considering they are used items. Perhaps this because of the lack of supply of new items.

Rimmers do list some but do not cover the whole range of hoses fitted. Their prices are also pretty steep; although if all hoses were available I would be willing to pay up.

Am I missing an obvious source of supply for these? If not, does anybody know of a supplier, or plans for re-manufacture?

Jim Lee
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 09:26   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I believe there are uprated alternatives for the large intercooler hose, but I've not come across aftermarket silicone hose sets specifically for the M47R. I think most owners needing replacements will fit second hand or adapt a similar silicone system to their needs. This typically involves joining bits together with Jubilee clips, so not very pretty.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 11:40   #3
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

If you have a word with 'lord vengance' he had a set made up for his ford probe by a firm he knows. They might be able to help.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 14:50   #4
jim lee
Regular poster

Rover75

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I believe there are uprated alternatives for the large intercooler hose, but I've not come across aftermarket silicone hose sets specifically for the M47R. I think most owners needing replacements will fit second hand or adapt a similar silicone system to their needs. This typically involves joining bits together with Jubilee clips, so not very pretty.

TC
T-Cut,

That is what I suspected. I have already replaced a very soggy Intercooler hose with an uprated one of silicone. I am trying to anticipate a need, sooner or later, for the coolant hoses as these must deteriorate with heat and time.
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote