Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd June 2020, 12:26   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default New windscreen needed

I've just discovered a 8-10" crack originating from the O/S lower corner (there's a tiny star shaped chip just a few mm from the edge that appears to have started it).
I'll get it done on my insurance (which has a £100 glass excess) but I recall there had been an apparent shortage of Rover 75 screens (quality issue maybe?), anyone know of the current national availability situation for replacement screens - mine has the sensor mask.
Have we ever had a poll on who offers the best mobile service?
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2020, 12:29   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

As far as I'm aware there's no shortage of 75/ZT windscreens. Autoglass should have them with and without the rain sensor.

The only screen unavailable is the tourer rear screens.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 20:16   #3
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

I know that last summer up hear in Scotland they were removing old screens from car breakers and refurbishing them. Two of the big boys were doing this. I was even asked when the first batch of heated screens were being made if they could get the price down.
But at that point the order had been placed and there was one short in the original batch anyway.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 21:25   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
I know that last summer up hear in Scotland they were removing old screens from car breakers and refurbishing them. Two of the big boys were doing this. I was even asked when the first batch of heated screens were being made if they could get the price down.
But at that point the order had been placed and there was one short in the original batch anyway.
Alan

Refurbishing screens ??..........I wouldn't imagine the likes of Autoglass would be out there with a tin of jewellers rouge, up to their ankles in oily mud in the scrapyard.

I will say this if the screen you are offered is branded UKG in an oval, decline to have it fitted, and similarly Heywood Williams.....Belron are the parent company of Autoglass, and they are the largest aftermarket screen sourcing company in the world, which generally means Chinese rubbish.

You want either Pilkington or Saint Gobain, and watch it being fitted..........IE no missing clips or trim cover bodged in with mastic

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2020, 22:42   #5
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-...item2a31414b75
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 09:56   #6
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default Crfacked screen

Hello rab60bit,

I have one of Rick-Sta's last heated windscreens which I collected in March immediately before the Isolation started. Because of this, it is still in it's wrapping stored behind one of my settee's against a wall in my lounge.

I have all the electronics and instructions on the electrical side. all you need is someone who can remove your broken one and fit my Rick-Sta screen.

I will want the full Rick-Sta cost, plus the electronics costs. Please PM me and I will give you the full amount . You will then just have to find someone to fit it for you.
I am less than half an hour away from you, around the M60. If you are interested, please PM me.

Regards,

GeoffWW
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 11:46   #7
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Alan

Old 7th June 2020, 13:07   #8
mor75
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T (black Pearl) & Orange MG ZT-T Auto (Grove)

bloke on facebook selling parts on a 1.8 i'm going down tomorrow to get a few bits (steering well and some dash trims... i'm goner talk to him find out how long his keeping it before scrapping it
mor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2020, 15:51   #9
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
I've just discovered a 8-10" crack originating from the O/S lower corner (there's a tiny star shaped chip just a few mm from the edge that appears to have started it).
I'll get it done on my insurance (which has a £100 glass excess) but I recall there had been an apparent shortage of Rover 75 screens (quality issue maybe?), anyone know of the current national availability situation for replacement screens - mine has the sensor mask.
Have we ever had a poll on who offers the best mobile service?
Thanks for all the suggestions/offers.
Looks like it was the original Saint Gobain screen that had cracked and was apparently also beginning to delaminate on the lower sides/edge. New screen fitted this am by Robert of Autoglass for my £100 excess with Esure .
Pilkington replacement glass, fitted in less than an hour (I'd already removed the wiper arms and scuttle panel) in really wet conditions under his magic awning; he confirmed the trim came off/refitted without problems (as one should expect, he knew what he was doing and was familiar with MGR) and that all the the clips were OK.
Under present Covid-19 circumstances, 7 days from claim to fitting.
Very pleased with Autoglass on this occasion

Last edited by rab60bit; 18th June 2020 at 20:06.. Reason: Sentence clarification
Old 18th June 2020, 17:26   #10
Alan_M
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer + saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions/offers.
Looks like it was the original Saint Gobain screen that had cracked and was apparently also beginning to delaminate on the lower sides/edge. New screen fitted this am by Robert of Autoglass for my £100 excess with Esure .
Pilkington replacement glass, fitted in less than an hour (I'd already removed the wiper arms and scuttle panel) in really wet conditions under his magic awning; he confirmed the trim came off/refitted without problems (as one should expect, he knew what he was doing and was familiar with MGR) and that all the the clips were OK.
Under present Covid-19 circumstances, 7 days from claim to fitting.
Very pleased with Autoglass on occasion
Had mine done by autoglass last week, again Pilkington glass and done in 5 days including a weekend. As for you, technician was knowledgeable about clips etc. All for the princely sum of £50
It’s great looking out through a brand new screen
Alan_M is offline   Reply With Quote