Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd November 2011, 16:45   #11
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I prefer the sensors,I did have a camera fitted,but found myself looking at the screen to the detriment of the mirrors Found myself at all sorts of angles
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:58   #12
simdel1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi, Porsche 944 Lux, MGF

I have parking sensors on mine. It was an essential requirement when I was shopping around for a 75 because I'd heard the stories. Have a look at the back of any rover 75 without parking sensors and count the number of scratches and dents

With the parking sensors I find the car quite easy to park. It's not as easy as my ickle fiesta, but I don't find it that hard. I have to admit that I do park it entirely with the mirrors though. I don't bother looking back because I know I'll see nothing!

The Simdel1 Fleet:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/447/sigmgf.png
simdel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:15   #13
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simdel1 View Post
I have parking sensors on mine. It was an essential requirement when I was shopping around for a 75 because I'd heard the stories. Have a look at the back of any rover 75 without parking sensors and count the number of scratches and dents

With the parking sensors I find the car quite easy to park. It's not as easy as my ickle fiesta, but I don't find it that hard. I have to admit that I do park it entirely with the mirrors though. I don't bother looking back because I know I'll see nothing!
Mine has parking sensors and the previous owner still managed to take a chunk out of the rear bumper.

People are right though, the high sloping rear window does make rear visibility difficult but i used to drive vans and worked as a delivery driver getting in to some tight spots so it isn't really an issue for me.

Rik.
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:28   #14
Andy K
Avid contributor

75 Saloon petrol 2.5

they are not an easy car to reverse, as the rear window is like a letter box.

Reversing sensors should have been stand on more models !
Andy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:56   #15
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:

i have both parking sensors and parking camera ,, but my car ends up with straches and digs from other people pulling out so its not always the driver of the 75
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:16   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Must confess, I have always only ever used mirrors for reversing. Get a good look at the situation as you drive up, then reverse in using mirrors. I do like having parking sensors fitted though, with them you can park just inches away from an object and maximise your ability to get into a small space when parallel parking - they take the guessing or judgement out of the situation.

My last car lacked them, so I fitted some I ordered from HK. £15 four sensors, bleeper and a little LED display, so you knew where an obstruction was located.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:37   #17
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

i drive lorries so moving the 75 is easy but then it is a tourer , never driven a saloon

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:31   #18
stormbind
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I agree. The Rover 75 is a really hard car to reverse.

I dread reverse parallel parking my saloon (I have no problem with other cars). The head rests, both front and back, and small rear window... the driver relies on memory. I am scared of people walking behind while I'm reversing

... and the 75 has wider hips around the rear wheel arches so when your near side wing mirror suggests its near the curb, its probably not!

... and mine doesn't have reverse sensors either.

On the other hand, it is easier than a lot of cars to position on narrow roads at speed. Its a good car...

Last edited by stormbind; 2nd November 2011 at 20:36..
stormbind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:50   #19
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Parking sensors are the only way to park a 75 (esp the Tourer).... Rear -view mirror shows other vehicles/objects closer than they are, and wing mirrors show other vehicles/objects further than they are. (or is that the other way round.... ? Whatever...)...... Why?

Sometimes I think it would be a good idea to fit front end parking sensors as well

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:01   #20
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

i have never had a problem reversing a rover 75 or a mg zt, when i worked at my old job i used to reverse a customers 75 into the unit and reverse it into the middle of the ramps with no problems, the worse car i have found to reverse is the jaguar xj as you cant see the rear ofthe car at all
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote