Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2021, 12:25   #21
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

“Selfish idiots “ sums it all up very nicely.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:46   #22
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
people have to eat
less risk of catching an infection compared to walking around a super market

I too have seen Mac Donald's drive thru with a long queue only last week,
is it really that good?

macafee2
No its Not It is sh1te

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2021, 19:08   #23
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
The problem is that there are to many people who either are to thick to believe that they can not get it, mostly the teenagers to forty age group from my observations. I have a nephew who believes it’s all a load of codswallop. Refuses to wear a mask when entering shops. But I blame shop keepers, Asda,Tesco,Aldi, and the like for not stopping them entering their premises if they are not wearing a mask, or like I do, a visor. No excuse not to wear a visor. I have lung damage from when I had TB in 1974. If I wear a mask and do any walking I have difficulty breathing (I get short of breath). This virus is actually showing who are those that really care about others, or don’t give a fig for anyone but themselves. Perhaps it would serve those people right to have it it, then they would probably learn a lesson in caring for others rather than themselves.
Agreed that your instance is true. The others will be those who cannot afford not to work and do not have the morals to realise that their decision could result in deaths of others. 58,000 positive tests on people will not result in 58k quarantines.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2021, 19:15   #24
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I am beginning to think that the British public really deserve everything they get.
The problem is that the innocent (those that comply) are just as likely to become part of the death toll. I wonder if the staff in the hospitals ask those being admitted with covid how they believed they contracted it.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2021, 20:44   #25
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Unfortunately the shops can't enforce mask wearing, the staff have enough to do without having to police the wearing of masks, can you imagine the confrontations the staff would have dealing with the unwilling?
Sorry Andy. It’s not that they can not enforce the wearing of face masks, it’s the money factor again. They think more of the money (sale), than getting people to wear masks or visors. The pharmacy just down the road from us, there is a notice on the door:- NO MASK....NO ENTRANCE. And after speaking to him, and watching him in action, no one enters his shop without a either one or the other. Easy to do because a shopkeeper can refuse entrance to anyone they like.We used ASDA and at first there was sprays and wipes to wipe the trolley down, and sprays for your hands. Now nothing. Reported to the complaints desk about no wipes or spray, and told:- yes we know we are just going to put some out. Finished shopping 3/4 hour later, and guess what...........still nothing had been done. Don’t use ASda any more. We use Aldi where they have always had both. ASda ‘s loss of around £60 a week. I wish more people had the gumption to vote with their feet. Also very few people without masks on..

Last edited by bl52krz; 7th January 2021 at 21:03..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote