Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2021, 21:29   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
agreed it is the consumers fault up to a point. this is a diminishing market as these cars disappear on a daily basis. even lemforder and trw now come under the same german umbrella company as i have just tried both brands from autodoc . the only difference is a hand punched stamp below the bottom bearing casting. oh and different coloured plastic pin protectors. im sure they are the same manufacturer by their packaging style even though they have a different name printed on the packaged bags.. they all come with the same health and safety instruction booklet thats stamped with a group company logo rsk (or similar name i cant remember) german manufacturing company. i for one would pay double price for my spares if they proved to be as good quality as the originals. its worth it to me.i am a daily driver in my 75.lots on this forum only come out a few times a year and spares of low quality are not an issue ... suits them fine due to low milage.... and good luck to them. this is the main reason you will not force a change in buying low cost rubbish. thats why im afraid it is what it is ..
Alas people can not be sure that by paying more they are getting a better product. Then you have, just for example, the £5 item that lasts 12 months and the £10 item lasting 20 months. May as well buy cheap and buy twice as you get more months per £

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote