Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2015, 17:06   #1
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I bought it for myself...

I posted about the college car, I talked about the find on the meet on Sunday, I'd taken off the box and washed it down for a member to buy for safe keeping/spare box. I'd mentioned the engine was also new and one member said he'd have it. As it happens, he decided against it for the £200 asking price, no problem. I went yesterday to give him the money for the box, I gave him the news about the engine buyer backing out. I went back this morning and bought it for myself. I may use the whole thing but, my train of thought is to use the crank, liners and pistons in my own block to keep the originality. I think that if I do this, along with the repainted shell and the new running gear...I'll have the closest thing to a new ZT I could hope for.
If and when the project gets underway, I may do a video diary of the whole build if it raises enough interest, it's not going to be done twice is it?
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 17:11   #2
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I posted about the college car, I talked about the find on the meet on Sunday, I'd taken off the box and washed it down for a member to buy for safe keeping/spare box. I'd mentioned the engine was also new and one member said he'd have it. As it happens, he decided against it for the £200 asking price, no problem. I went yesterday to give him the money for the box, I gave him the news about the engine buyer backing out. I went back this morning and bought it for myself. I may use the whole thing but, my train of thought is to use the crank, liners and pistons in my own block to keep the originality. I think that if I do this, along with the repainted shell and the new running gear...I'll have the closest thing to a new ZT I could hope for.
If and when the project gets underway, I may do a video diary of the whole build if it raises enough interest, it's not going to be done twice is it?
A video diary of a project would be great, seeing work done would give confidence to others in that they may feel comfortable doing certain work that was previously thought of as not possible unless in a garage.

Videoing your project might have a knock on effect resulting in more 75s and ZTs being saved.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote