Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2018, 22:50   #1
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Default Please confirm the name of this bush and whether it can be replaced on its own.

Noticed excessive wear on my NSR tyre - it's down to the wear markers on the outer shoulder, while the one on the offside still has about 8mm of tread depth. Turns out to be caused by excessive play due to wear in a rear bush - tried to get a photo but it's not clear, so it's where I put the arrow.

I had the rear upper suspension arms replaced in the autumn, but not the lower ones. However I think this is the rear trailing arm, is that correct? In which case it should be this bush here, part no. RGX101410. Presumably if it's sold separately then I don't need to buy the whole arm, but is this one of those ones where it's very difficult to remove/replace? Also, Rimmers sell them in pairs, so is it advisable to change both at the same time?

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd appreciate a heads-up on which part I do actually need to buy. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear bush.jpg (129.7 KB, 65 views)
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 04:50   #2
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Noticed excessive wear on my NSR tyre - it's down to the wear markers on the outer shoulder, while the one on the offside still has about 8mm of tread depth. Turns out to be caused by excessive play due to wear in a rear bush - tried to get a photo but it's not clear, so it's where I put the arrow.

I had the rear upper suspension arms replaced in the autumn, but not the lower ones. However I think this is the rear trailing arm, is that correct? In which case it should be this bush here, part no. RGX101410. Presumably if it's sold separately then I don't need to buy the whole arm, but is this one of those ones where it's very difficult to remove/replace? Also, Rimmers sell them in pairs, so is it advisable to change both at the same time?

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd appreciate a heads-up on which part I do actually need to buy. :-)
Hi - check twice if this one is exactly the reason for these 8mm.
I had the same problem recently - but the problem was solved with replacing Item-3. Rear right one.
Later on when checking the rear left suspension I noticed that on the rear left side also Item-3 is slightly damaged. Ordered another one on eBay.
Rimmers sell them not in pairs - the info there is that quantity 2 is required /Qty Req-2/. You are able to order 1 piece.
Check them /RGX101410/ in eBay - there they are with free P&P to UK mainland.

Last edited by hrissim; 27th April 2018 at 04:52..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 07:16   #3
Cantray
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE, Rover 75 cdt Club, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Is this an easy job?

I have same problem. Do you have to remove the whole arm to fix it?

thanks
Cantray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 07:22   #4
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantray View Post
Is this an easy job?

I have same problem. Do you have to remove the whole arm to fix it?

thanks
Depends.
No - because of the rust. Sometimes you have to remove the whole arm to replace the bush.