Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale > Cars Now Sold
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th October 2023, 19:59   #1
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

Default Does anyone want to save this beautiful old girl??

According to "How Many Left" there are only 12 of this model still registered. !800cc K series Club SE Auto.

This one has only 79,000 miles on the clock. I've owned her for 8 years. She IS ULEZ compliant.

Her MOT is due on 17th October and she will fail. I cannot afford to pay to fix her up, I am no longer able to lie on the floor under cars so I cannot do the work myself. The insurance expires on 14th October and I have nowhere to keep her off road, so she has that long to find a new home or sadly, we'll be down to just 11 left.

She needs a new exhaust from the Cat back, her front wishbone bushes (I assume the rear bushes) had an advisory last year, and, although you would never know it from the photographs below, her sills have gone at the rear, I just put my thumb through the nearside one underneath the car just at the jacking point.

She gets an advisory about her brake pipes every year simply because they are protected with grease. She comes with enough new brake pipe to replace all the solid lines including the underbody plastic clips you would need.

There are other issues too.

The auto gearbox is reluctant to change up when accelerating, she does change gear eventually, but not as smoothly as she should.

The aircon system has never worked all the time I've owned her but I do so few miles (only 600 in the last year) I haven't worried about it.

Her electric door mirror switch does not work. I did try to get it out to clean the contacts but the plastic tabs immediately broke. It needs a replacement.

There is an intermittent fault with the nearside reversing light. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I've changed the light cluster, the bulb, the water seal and checked the wiring and the Earth but nothing I've tried has permanently fixed it.

The outside temperature sensor doesn't work. Its not the sensor, I've already replaced it. The problem probably lies with the front loom connector behind the nearside headlight.

She has a couple of small dents as you might expect on a 20 year old car, some lacquer (small area) is coming off on the rear bumper on the nearside.

I've never been happy with the front scuttle/bumper/bonnet alignment but my attempt to adjust it using the how-to has failed.

There may be other faults but this is all I know of. I can give no warranty that there are no other faults.

She is still sports her original factory head-gasket.

She is also long overdue a timing belt change but she comes with all the new parts to do the job:
Timing Belt,
Aux Belt,
Water Pump,
Tensioner,
Tensioner Bolt,
Cam Locking Tool,
Flywheel Locking Tool
Rocker Gasket

She also comes with some other new parts.
3 x flexible brake hoses (the other one is already on the car)
New bleed nipples and hose clips.
Parking Brake shoes and fitting springs
Both bonnet release cables
She had two new rear tyres fitted just about 600 miles ago.

The interior is all good, no tears or rips to the upholstery.

And a folder full of receipts for parts purchased.

There is a good £300 worth of new parts included. I can get £310 for her as scrap.

I think £500 would be a fair price. Do you want to take her on? PM me (quickly) if you are interested. She's such a pretty car it would be a dreadful shame to scrap her.

Have a look at these photos just taken.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KerbAppeal.jpg (56.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg Nearside.jpg (72.8 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg Rear.jpg (50.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg NearsideSill.jpg (48.2 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg OffsideSill.jpg (51.7 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Clocks.jpg (126.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Interior1.jpg (112.6 KB, 139 views)
Old 11th October 2023, 13:57   #2
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

Sadly, the car is being taken to the crusher on Monday 16th October.