Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2013, 06:49   #221
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Hiya Kenny, the clunk noise you've got could be the bottom engine mount,as thats what normally happens when the bushes go on them
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 06:53   #222
B19ken

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
Hiya Kenny, the clunk noise you've got could be the bottom engine mount,as thats what normally happens when the bushes go on them
That would also make sense
B19ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 07:04   #223
Dave McKenzie
Avid contributor

MG ZT 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by B19ken View Post
Thanks Dave, I love it too. Ive not had any deive shaft issues upto now but ive only done 400 miles in the car, however that could possibly explain a "clunk" sound when moving off forwards or in reverse. What about cambelt and water pump has it had those done or would u advise doing it asap? The clock is showing 132k. I had the car on marinabrians t4 and the lambda fault came up. Ive discovered the water in the boot to but its not coming in through the lights, I think its the waist trim. Although I could be wrong. As for the sill damage atm its just cosmetic so not really worried about it. I just want it to be mechanically sound before I start with anything else.

Cheers
Kenny.
Hiya

The clunk is the lower engine mount mate, never got round to changing it, the cluch went and cost me £700 to get it sorted (im still paying it off now haha)

i dont know about the timing belt etc, but like i said the engine was changed not that long ago so i would assume the mechanic who done it would of done all the belts when he fitted the engine.

One thing i will let you know about is, when the engine was put in, the air con pipes were cut, i replaced these but never got round to getting the air con gassed up, so please DONT push that button until its done. Also the front fan needs the resister changing for the air con, again, i never got round to doing this.

The leek is coming from the left hand side but i could never locate it :-(

You could also do with getting the engine under tray as that was never there when i got the car but i dont think its a nessesity.

The guys on this web site are all very very nice people, if you get a chance to goto a meet they are VERY knowledgeable and very very helpful. Im really gutted about loosing the car but i couldnt justify spending any more money on it after the clutch was done.

Mike (the guy i sold it to) said the engine needed to be broke down to get the sheered bolts off for the bracket so make sure they have the bolts in, he may of welded the bracked to the engine block itself, but im sure what ever he's done, it would of been a good job.

Wish you the best of luck with the car and please look after her, shes a good work horse and will bring you a lot of joy!

All the best

Dave

And happy new year every1 else, and thankyou all once again for all the help you lot provided me with last year x
Dave McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote