Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2018, 08:50   #61
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
All the above points are noted, we as a group would never buy into the now defunct brand if we wished to recoup all our spent time and hard earned. Having purchased what started out as a cheap MG ZT diesel it now owes me more than it’s selling price and it’s still not mot’d ! Why do we do it it’s because we love the brand and build plus you need to be mad as well.

Sadly you can’t asked for all your spent cash back on what’s been a labour of love it’s all part and parcel of ownership of any car not just a 75. To spit your dummy out over a few comments regarding your stunning car is a touch over the top. If we all took others comments to heart we would all become reclusive.

We all have opinions even my wife has asked why the hell are you buying and spending more money on that car again you have 2 others as well, me well it gets me out of the house from free time.

Stay on the club it’s great Clyde but if you move I wish you well and good luck selling what is a special car.

JT

I have to say having read through the thread this where I stand. Cars are all about opinions and us enthusiasts always like good comments but sometimes bulk at crticism.

There is a lot of emotion in cars from proud owners but at the end of the day they are a bit of metal with a market value which is aligned to what people will pay.
My ZT is insured for an agreed value at the £5k mark because of the time, effort and money spent on it but will it sell for that? No way. It is worth market value of a ZT with good service history at 99K miles with in date belts (v6) that still have 4 years in them.

Clyde you are a massive contributor to this forum so have a think buddy but I wouldnt take anything like this to heart. For the record I have had disagreements with Bri on here but also have agreed with him and he is very helpfull and knowledgeable as well. His dislike of V8s aligns with my thinking as well

Please stay but best of luck if you move on

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
Old 18th August 2018, 08:53   #62
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Sadly the the op looks like he has left the building. Shame. Thankfully this site isn't the real world and hopefully Clyde will put it behind him and move on.
Old 18th August 2018, 09:40   #63
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/snowflake

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2018, 09:54   #64
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Ken
It was only the other week the forum idiot was fed up with doing things for nowt and he was not stopping!
How the moderators on this forum can allow bulling of this nature not to mention breach of data protection laws I will never know
Get a life Brian the sooner you get this unit of yours sorted and disappear up your own jacksee the better

I will say once more for you and your toon army of followers

I have never remapped a car nor want to and if you continue down this road unlike your threats it will have Consequences.
Have a nice day
Steve

Well said.
Old 18th August 2018, 09:56   #65
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

I saw this thread as Clyde's parting gift for the Brian's bashers to jump on board, my comment was an attempt to deflect some of that as already it has attracted comments such as idiot. Looks like the thread has been successful and will now be shut.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2018, 10:30   #66
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Bullying? Bullying? Since when is a mild disagreement 'bullying'? Since when is a difference of opinion bullying? If only there was some way of ignoring a comment you don't agree with
Maybe a member is going around the forum giving Chinese burns and nicking lunch money.
I note that a member is repeatedly being called an idiot, is this not 'bullying'? This same member is being ganged up on, is this not 'bullying'?
Please feel free to ignore me if you don't agree with what I say, or maybe post a reply stating why you disagree. But I would like to state that nothing I say, or indeed anyone says here, could be called 'bullying'.
Old 18th August 2018, 10:49   #67
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

I'm getting in here before this thread gets stopped.

Having dealt with Brian in the past and from having advice from him I think I can honestly say I don't think he makes a good living from this club. He did some work for me and the price barely covered the postage costs. I tried to give more money but he flatly refused.

As to Clydes car. Yes it might look spangly but things were said on another thread which wasn't bullying just stating facts ie brake pipes. We all know the brake pipes corrode. Both my old launch car and my father's both needed doing and we had them replaced.

Now it's no doubt a nice car but unless you are a die hard fan (iim a great fan but cannot justify spending £4000 more than another just as nice In my opinion car.

I really hope he gets the money but as long as I have a hole in my backside I really don't think he will.
Old 18th August 2018, 11:08   #68
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
You obviously have missed a lot of posts, ones wrote before December 2017.
Ken.
So he was a bully last year. Not sure the relevance today
Old 18th August 2018, 11:14   #69
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Geez, reading this post you would never guess this club is supposed to be a forum to help each other keep these cars going !!!
Old 18th August 2018, 11:34   #70
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundsman Willie View Post
Please feel free to ignore me if you don't agree with what I say, or maybe post a reply stating why you disagree. But I would like to state that nothing I say, or indeed anyone says here, could be called 'bullying'.

I am afraid that is total rubbish.

I would respectfully suggest that you spend some time reading the definition of and laws on bullying and harrasement. In my view, it would be reasonable and justified for Clyde to feel that he had been subjected to bullying and harrasement when he attempted to sell his car. He could reasonably feel that this occurred through unwanted negative comments that in all probability negatively impacted his ability to sell the car, the likely price he would sceure for the car on the forum and the effect it has had which led to him feeling it necessary to withdraw from a community of which he was a proud and contributing member.

I have never met Brian and if I did I have no doubt that we would get on like a house on fire - I have a natural affinity towards the straightforward approach of people from up nowth. But, I feel that in relation to this car his behaviour has been unacceptable. It has impacted another member and an avid enthusiast to the extent that he felt he should leave this community.

It appears that some people cannot see how a piece of metal can be so important to an individual. An alternative view would be that to many true enthusiasts, the car takes the same or higher status than their wives (or husbands). If you wish to experience how sustained negative critique of something you love feels, please post up pictures of your other halves and let us have a ball.

What I find surprising is that the forum management have demonstrated a complete lack of capability and competence in addressing this matter. Yet, they took such a heavy handed approach with Tom Force (whom I also do not know or have any connection with) to the extent that he was labelled a bully on a public forum by the management team. I would argue that the material damage done by Brian's posts in relation to Wurzel is considerably larger than the localised issue which revolved around one transaction between Tom Force and another member.

As a minimum, the offending posts should have been deleted and the relevant parties given appropriate guidance. Instead the negative comments on Clyde's car have been allowed to reman as a permanent record on the forum.

I have always postively supported the actions of the forum management but on this occasion I cannot see any evidence of effectiveness in their primary role as moderators.
Closed Thread