Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th November 2011, 01:28   #61
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Auto rain wipers, auto dip mirrors, front cup holders, crank sensor, cam sensor, disk pad sensor, and auto height adjuster on seat belts..

Oh, just get rid of the blimmen ECU!!!!!!
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 06:44   #62
craig8661
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 tourer cdt

i love my auto wipers and auto dip mirror and for that i love my auto box lol
mods so far synergy 2
heated washer jets
cant really add anything else as it has it all lol
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 06:56   #63
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywood.ash View Post
the heater switch on an old series land rover. totally pointless it would never work
Tell me about it. I have a lightweight with -aircondition- holes everywhere. The old Smiths heater is a joke even though it´s permanently on -high- Thinking of converting it to the heater system from a Volvo PV/Amazon from the same era. Fan and airintake on the engine side of the baulkhead and the matrix screwed to the inside of the bulkhead with the hoses conected there and use the same screen pipes etc. Till then it´s arctic weather clothing
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 07:08   #64
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
And yet the media insists on using kilometres now when our roads are measured in (and may I suggest most of our minds work in) miles......
Miles will take a while to get rid of as so many countrys still use this measurement. If I remember correctly and I can be wrong, but there were 2 versions of -C- Both using the gradient ice to boiling water. The Swede Celcius devised the scale and so did the French when they decimaliserade their syster (meter and liter). I have always understood that when the international comunity went over to the -C- scale of temp measurement it was actually the French varient they settled for (Centigrad)
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 07:11   #65
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASMOTORS View Post
The most annoying pointless feature is, when the car locks itself as soon as you drive off.....When someone wants to get in the car in a hurry, you are flaffing around looking for the central locking switch.

Also, the fact you have to press the remote buttons twice to open all the locks. Why cant you just press once to open and lock like on all Audis and VWs?

Anyone agree?
Pre Facelift 75's the two T4 options
Drive off locking and single point entry [second press opens passenger and rear doors]

A brand new pre facelift 75 from either Cowley or Longbridge would not have had either of the above options enabled unless you aked for them, so I would guess yours have been enabled by a previous owner.

When the Facelift was introduced the two options were enabled as standard and you had to have them disabled if you did not want them.

I doubt if many 75 salesmen went through the T4 options with a customer, at least they never did when I bought mine.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 07:53   #66
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Miles will take a while to get rid of as so many countrys still use this measurement. If I remember correctly and I can be wrong, but there were 2 versions of -C- Both using the gradient ice to boiling water. The Swede Celcius devised the scale and so did the French when they decimaliserade their syster (meter and liter). I have always understood that when the international comunity went over to the -C- scale of temp measurement it was actually the French varient they settled for (Centigrad)
Its the same scale, just the name was debated.

I quite like brake pad sensors. Some cars have squeal pins which make a horendous noise when the pads wear down. It can be so bad you have to change the pad then and there.
Old 19th November 2011, 08:09   #67
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
The most annoying pointless feature is, when the car locks itself as soon as you drive off.....When someone wants to get in the car in a hurry, you are flaffing around looking for the central locking switch.

Also, the fact you have to press the remote buttons twice to open all the locks. Why cant you just press once to open and lock like on all Audis and VWs?

Thats why the buttons wear out quicker on our ****** rover 75's.

Anyone agree?
That's why speedlocking and single point entry, should ALWAYS be disabled, unless you live in Johannesburg that is, because the glass is going to save you after all, isn't it
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 08:43   #68
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Looks like the current worst offenders are the electric glovebox, self closing doors, and Merc boot that you can decide how much it opens (although perhaps I can understand that if you have something small to put in the boot and it's raining so you prevent too much rain getting in???).
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 08:50   #69
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:

Anyone agree?

Sorry to disagree but my Partners Audi A3 has speed locking and you have to press the unlock twice to enable all doors to be opened, just the same as our cars. Although I believe both functions can be changed with a session on T4 (our cars, not the audi)
P.s, I love the rain sensing wipers

Last edited by coolcat; 19th November 2011 at 09:00..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 08:58   #70
Talago
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer 1969 Rover P6 3500 V8 1973 Rover P6 3500 V8

Quote:

Anyone agree?
I agree. But you can get it turned off on a T4. It's down to personal choice.
Talago is offline   Reply With Quote