Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th September 2020, 22:36   #10
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

these plastic thermostats are all well and good for cars that come out of the garage just once in a while for a runout. they are not up to standard as the originals were. some of this i believe is down to the rubber seals and other issues of which i dont want to go into. my car is a daily driver for work every weekday and then used at weekends as well. i just got fed up of renewing thermostats or resealing them and paying out all the time. not to mention the hours spent and inconvenience of it all finding again you cant use the car. there was nothing worse driving the car having to look at the temperature gauge (hans) i fitted whilst driving worrying on hot days or in lines of heavy traffic if im going to overheat or have i lost water. paranoid ? maybe but when you have tried numerous suppliers and even re enforced ones and paid over the odds for rimmer top priced ones only to find they are the same garbage as the cheaper ones ... im not suprised !!! and yes some did not leak .. for a while but gave a running temperature of 82 on one and 94 on another bringing the fan on when driving. i would never fit another plastic one and have my spare thermostat inserts ready if i need to replace the current insert. if i ever sell the car one things for sure ... that alloy thermostat is going with me if ever i want another 75......
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote