Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th November 2021, 11:56   #11
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by petem View Post
Finally got all the parts I bought in the UK safely here in Malta. Got stitched up for duty and vat (thanks Brexit), but still worth the effort. Decided now I've seen it, to go full black interior with the ash grey leather seats. So gotta source a few more odds n ends - centre console etc, before I can complete.

In meantime I started fitting the seats. Very disappointed not to find electric seat wiring looms under my original 1999 registered club seats No worries have Rick's great 'how to' as plan B.

Found huge wells of water under a soaked rear seat base. Read all the threads on the subject, and suspect rear window seal, but boot has remained dry in recent downpours, strangely, so keeping an open mind currently.

Today I finally found the cause of an irritating issue I've had since purchase. It felt at times as if the car was being starved of fuel, momentary sudden loss of power etc. I ran the tank dry shortly after purchase - fuel gauge was a little optimistic. So I first assumed it had dragged a load of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- out of the tank in to the fuel system. Then I started to convince myself it was electrical, as seemed worse when damp and cold, better when hot. Finally today I smelt petrol and pulled over with engine running. Petrol pouring out of one of the injectors. had to leave with nearby garage to replace injector o ring seals. Lucky it didn't go up in flames I guess.

Hi Pete,

You may find the water leak is due to a problem with one or both ventilator panels at the sides of the spare wheel well, viewable only by removing the rear bumper, as Terry Shaw discovered also on my Cowley car last week. And/or water getting through the chrome side strips which may need some sealant from behind as the original seals lose their effectiveness by crumbling to dust!

All the best,

Nicholas
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2021, 14:41   #12
petem
Regular poster

75 saloon

Thanks Nicholas, both on my todo check list

Got the car back today. Driving much better now. Having done the injector seals, found the air intake sensor is not functioning.
petem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2022, 09:09   #13
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Interesting read.

I’ll keep an eye out for it next time I’m in Malta. Mrs daveo138 is Maltese and still has lots of family there.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2022, 10:25   #14
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Well Pete that's a great write up. This is th sort of post that i think we all enjoy. Its got my interest and i hope there is more to come..
Old 24th May 2022, 22:37   #15
petem
Regular poster

75 saloon

Thanks for the comments chaps. Will update the saga soon. Still chasing the loss of power problem. Think we may have sorted it now. Fingers crossed.
petem is offline   Reply With Quote